Can OE6 block my outgoing messages, calling them SPAM?

Old September 6th 08, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Default Can OE6 block my outgoing messages, calling them SPAM?

A week ago I lost the ability to send email messages(or replies). Every message I attempt to send produces this error
message:

An unknown error has occurred. Subject ' [ #ALQ-89819-785]: how to stop balloon warning', Account: 'pop.charter.net',
Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Message identified as SPAM - Please visit
http://www.charter.com/postmaster', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69

The message seems to point me to my ISP, and the error 550 is on the charter.com/postmaster error list. But I can send
messages from my email account on the charter.net web site, and also from my other computer on this LAN. And
Charter.com tech support tell me that this is an OE6 error message and anyway they don't support OE6.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting this. I've tried google, but not luck so far although plenty of persons have had
the same problem.

jc

Old September 6th 08, 02:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

"An unknown error has occurred. Subject ??????, Account: 'mail.charter.net',
Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Message
identified as SPAM - Please visit http://www.charter.com/postmaster',
Port:25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69".

This is a known issue with Charter. See these archived threads.
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...rt=0&scoring=d
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old September 6th 08, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Just to add........

From:
http://www.charter.com/visitors/general.aspx?ownerid=11
550 Message identified as SPAM
The email was flagged as spam by Charter anti-spam detection system. Charter
uses several different tactics to determine if a message is spam. The
primary tactic is using an industry leading anti-spam filtering application,
corroborating feedback from the Internet community and Charter subscribers.
A message will not be accepted by our mail servers if it is flagged as spam.

If you believe the message was mistakenly flagged as spam, please click
here. (This window is a pop-up. Disable your pop-up blocker or hold CTRL key
while clicking to allow.)

~~~~

This /is/ a Charter issue. Take it up with them and ask to speak to a Lever
2 Tech. They are giving you the run-around.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
"An unknown error has occurred. Subject ??????, Account:
'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server

Old September 6th 08, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Does the error always list the same subject? If so, select the Outbox
folder and delete that message. Then try again.

As long as the server is rejecting the message OE will try to send it
again and get the same error.

Old September 6th 08, 09:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

I did regain my sending ability by deleting the first message that apparently caused the problem. I've tried twice to
speak with Charter techs but they only refer me to Microsoft, since they deny that the error message is a Charter.com
error message...even when I pointed out that this error message is listed on www.charter.com/postmaster.

Charter does have an email address to deal with this problem. But requires that I send them the
unaltered original blocked message, or they won't review my problem. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to do this
with IE6. If someone can show me how, I can pursue this further. I'd like to try this before I ask for a Level 2 tech.

jc

Old September 6th 08, 11:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Save the message to your hard drive.
Attach the saved message to an email.
--
Ronald Sommer

Old September 6th 08, 11:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mac

"jbclem" wrote in message
I did regain my sending ability by deleting the first message that
apparently caused the problem. I've tried twice to
speak with Charter techs but they only refer me to Microsoft, since they
deny that the error message is a Charter.com
error message...even when I pointed out that this error message is listed
on www.charter.com/postmaster.

Charter does have an email address to deal with this problem. But
requires that I send them the
unaltered original blocked message, or they won't review my problem.
Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to do this
with IE6. If someone can show me how, I can pursue this further. I'd
like to try this before I ask for a Level 2 tech.

Select the messagepress Ctrl+F3, select all and copy paste the whole lot to
Charter.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS] UK

Old September 7th 08, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't want to just select and copy the message text. Copying the message source will
hopefully include all the information that Charter.com (unblock dept) . The problem is that they will ignore me (and
not respond) if they don't get what the need for their automated system. So I'm left hanging wondering if anything will
actually happen. What a great ISP!

jc