can't import .eml files

Old August 23rd 08, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Default can't import .eml files

I have two OE6 identities. Today I tried to forward some messages from the less used one to the one I use daily. This
failed for some reason I didn't understand, so I then created a folder in My Computer and dragged the messages into it.
Then I switched back to the daily use identity and tried to import these messages. It didn't work and I got this
failure message:

"no messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open"

Looking in this folder I can see all the .eml files with their titles. I can read them also with a text viewer. But
they won't import into OE6.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this. The main problem is that I couldn't forward them from the less used(and
different ISP) account. But why can't I import them from this folder I dragged them to?

John

Old August 23rd 08, 03:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Did you try to import from one identity to another? No reason that should
not have worked.

Once you move a dbx file, you can't import it unless Folders.dbx was
included in the backup.

Create a new folder in the identity that you want the messages in. You
should be able to drag the eml files from the folder you created to this
one.

Backup & Resto
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/

How to restore individual dbx files:
http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#imp1
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old August 23rd 08, 07:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Drag (not import) the EML files into an open OE folder.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net