Pasting Newsgroup Addressees In The Newsgroup Header Box Into New Message

Old July 4th 08, 10:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
D. Spencer Hines

Default Pasting Newsgroup Addressees In The Newsgroup Header Box Into New Message

In OE one can paste newsgroup addresses from one message into a new one.

But this does not seem to be possible in WLM.

Solution?

Thanks.

DSH

Old July 5th 08, 12:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
Robert Aldwinckle

"D. Spencer Hines" wrote in message
In OE one can paste newsgroup addresses from one message into a new one.

Define your terms please. What do you mean by
"newsgroup addresses"? Give an example of using one
in OE where you need to paste it.

But this does not seem to be possible in WLM.

Solution?

One interpretation of "newsgroup addresses" would be
how one does cross-posting, which works the same way
in both OE and WLMail (no pasting required).
E.g. Alt-T,n,...

Thanks.

DSH

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Old July 5th 08, 05:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
D. Spencer Hines

In the headers above there are two newsgroup addresses.

In OE one can paste newsgroup addresses from one message into a new one.

But in WLM the addresses of a transmitted message are grayed-out.

Therefore they cannot be copied and pasted to a NEW message.

The same thing is true of email addresses.

Is there a solution to the cut and paste issue -- as pertains to addresses
in WLM?

Thanks...

DSH

Old July 5th 08, 11:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
Ron Sommer

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

Being grayed-out does not mean that they can't be copied.
I highlighted a newsgroup in the Reading pane and in a message window, Ctrl
+ C copied in both places. Right click, Copy did not work.
Ctrl + F3 opens the source of the email. Ctrl + C and right click, Copy
both worked there.

;
This address was in another post. In the Reading pane, Right click, Copy
works. Ctrl + C copies the entire message.
Email addresses are highlighted by putting the mouse pointer over the
address. In the Reading pane, the highlight is very faint.
The above is true for emails.
--
Ronald Sommer

Old July 5th 08, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
D. Spencer Hines

"Ron Sommer" wrote in message

Being grayed-out does not mean that they can't be copied.

Yes & No.

I highlighted a newsgroup in the Reading pane and in a message window,
Ctrl + C copied in both places. Right click, Copy did not work.

It should always work with Right click, Copy -- we are in a GUI World now.
Abstruse keystrokes are for wonks.

Right click, Copy works in some cases -- but not in others.

Whereas in OE I've never encountered a case where Right click, Copy doesn't
work for both email and newsgroup addresses.

That's a glitch in WLM.
--
DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Old July 5th 08, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
Robert Aldwinckle

"D. Spencer Hines" wrote in message
In the headers above there are two newsgroup addresses.

You're still not being clear enough for me.
"Above"? Where? In the OE Preview pane header?
I can't copy from there. In the WLMail Reading pane?
I have that pane's header suppressed because of the
ridiculous amount of screen space it takes up.
But in any case, for the same reason I wouldn't expect
to be able to copy anything from it either.

If I did want to access some headers from either the OE
Preview pane or the WLMail Reading pane I would press
Alt-Enter,Ctrl-Tab and do that. All data would be copyable
using standard Windows editing commands but not by dragging
with the mouse.

After pressing Ctrl-g to start composing this reply,
in either newsreader, the Newsgroups: field is an input field
and I can copy from it. The only problem I had with it was
trying to cancel a move by dragging, forgetting that I should
be pressing a Ctrl- key when doing that to make it a Copy operation.

Copying text selections by dragging with a mouse is something
I hardly ever do. In fact, I just tried to reproduce my problem
with it and couldn't; Ctrl-z undid the move operation and
converted it to a copy. Slick. Who knew? w

In OE one can paste newsgroup addresses from one message into a new one.

But in WLM the addresses of a transmitted message are grayed-out.

Therefore they cannot be copied and pasted to a NEW message.

Seems to copy just fine from a Ctrl-g reply composition window
into a Ctrl-N New message window. The only problem I had was
that during the Copy there was no input cursor (e.g. I-bar),
so the copy operation always resulted in an append rather than
an insertion. Otherwise a Ctrl-c, Ctrl-v did use an input cursor
and could produce an insertion.

Old July 5th 08, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
D. Spencer Hines

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote in message

"D. Spencer Hines" wrote in message

In the headers above there are two newsgroup addresses.

You're still not being clear enough for me.
"Above"? Where? In the OE Preview pane header?

No. In the **Newsgroups** line of the header. See above -- if you have a
Newsgroups Line -- ALL Headers not required or desired.

[No, I'm not shouting at you -- just emphasizing -- as I would vocally.]

In OE I can simply sweep across the names of the newsgroups with the left
button of the mouse depressed -- in YOUR open message ---- thereby
HIGHLIGHTING them and then RIGHT COPY with the mouse and PASTE wherever I
choose.

I can't do that in WLM.

CAPABILITY LOST in a supposed UPGRADE to WLM.

UNSAT.

Copying text selections by dragging with a mouse is something
I hardly ever do.

Au contraire, I do it all the time.

It's much quicker and more flexible than trying to fumble through arcane
keystrokes. PLUS I can sit further away from the screen with a libation
and/or young lovely cuddled in the other hand from the plastic MOUSE.

This is 2008 -- not 1974.

We use the MOUSE with GUI's not ancient keystrokes -- and could quite easily
in the late, lamented Outlook Express.

Oh Those Halcyon Days With A Superb Piece Of Software -- OUTLOOK EXPRESS.

I understand some VERY TALENTED people DEVELOPED it.

WLM is a pale imitation and needs a rewrite.

Let's hope we get it in SP1 -- and don't have to wait for SP2.

Cheers,

DSH
Lux et Veritas et Libertas
Vires et Honor

Old July 5th 08, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
Peter Foldes

Robear

Because he is a troll going back a long time. Similar if not the same as BD in my eyes

--
Peter

"Ron Sommer" wrote in message
[...]

Can't post new message from newsgroup without switching to INBOX first jbclem Outlook Express 3 May 22nd 08 03:43 AM
newsgroup ~jackie~ Outlook Express 10 October 10th 07 01:39 AM
IE7 Newsgroup??? Sinic Outlook Express 1 October 24th 06 08:04 PM
How do you delete a message from a Newsgroup? SHERRY MANZANO Outlook Express 7 May 27th 06 08:59 PM
Clicking a URL in a NewsGroup Message Lockes IE The Celtic Warrior Outlook Express 4 March 15th 06 09:56 PM