Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   outlook express 6 won't switch identities (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/73242-outlook-express-6-wont-switch.html)

Tami June 8th 08 02:14 PM

outlook express 6 won't switch identities

I use outlook express 6 and sometimes it won't switch identities. It just
"goes away" and I have to reboot before I can get into OE again. Any
suggestions?

PA Bear [MS MVP] June 8th 08 03:00 PM

outlook express 6 won't switch identities

Windows version? Is the machine fully patched at Windows Update?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

PA Bear [MS MVP] June 9th 08 04:37 PM

outlook express 6 won't switch identities

Open OE Help | about: Tell me what versions of INETCOMM.DLL and DIRECTDB.DLL
are listed in the Files window.

Also open File | Identities | Mangage identities: Is one of your identities
named Main Identity?
--
~PA Bear

Tami June 11th 08 12:10 PM

outlook express 6 won't switch identities

inetcomm.dll = 6.00.2900.3198
directdb.dll = 6.00.2900.3138

PA Bear [MS MVP] June 11th 08 07:46 PM

outlook express 6 won't switch identities

Thank you. Your WinXP SP2 machine is fully patched.

Repost:
Also open File | Identities | Mangage identities: Is one of your
identities
named Main Identity?

--
~PA Bear

Tami wrote:
inetcomm.dll = 6.00.2900.3198
directdb.dll = 6.00.2900.3138

Mary June 13th 08 06:30 AM

outlook express 6 won't switch identities

I am having the exact same problem. My laptop is WinXP Tablet, fully patched
with SP3 and protected by Norton Internet Security, also fully updated. I
don't use the laptop that often for mail so I don't know when the trouble
started, but it would have been within the last six weeks.
I wonder if SP3 might have had something to do with it. Nothing has changed
except that I do keep my computers updated religiously.
I appreciate any help anyone has to offer. Thanks. Mary

Tami June 14th 08 12:48 AM

outlook express 6 won't switch identities

So there's nothing I can do to fix this? Should I try the downloads I've
seen that are supposed to fix/repair outlook?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Thank you. Your WinXP SP2 machine is fully patched.

Repost:
Also open File | Identities | Mangage identities: Is one of your
identities
named Main Identity?

--
~PA Bear

Tami wrote:
inetcomm.dll = 6.00.2900.3198
directdb.dll = 6.00.2900.3138

PA Bear [MS MVP] June 14th 08 05:15 PM

outlook express 6 won't switch identities

I'm still awaiting your answer to my question, Tami:

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Thank you. Your WinXP SP2 machine is fully patched.

Repost:
Also open File | Identities | Mangage identities: Is one of your
identities
named Main Identity?

--
~PA Bear