IE6 keeps generating errors and closing

Old June 4th 08, 12:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Default IE6 keeps generating errors and closing

IE6 has worked fine for a long time on my Win2000 computer. Lately it won't work for more than a few minutes, always
giving an error message that "iexplore.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows". Then something about
an error log being created, of course never telling me where this error log is(so what's the point?).

Can someone help me troubleshoot this problem...since I can't look at the error log I don't know where to begin.

John

Old June 4th 08, 12:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Uninstall any/all toolbars via Add/Remove Programs & reboot.
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Old June 8th 08, 07:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

I didn't think I had any toolbars, but I checked Add/Remove Programs just to be sure...nothing there is identified as a
toolbar. Can you name any programs that could be suspect in this?

John

Old June 8th 08, 08:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Google, Yahoo, MSN, Windows Live, Skype, Roboform, etc. toolbars. They'd
also be listed in IE Tools | Manage add-ons.