Can't post new message from newsgroup without switching to INBOX first

Old May 21st 08, 08:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Default Can't post new message from newsgroup without switching to INBOX first

Excuse the duplicate message, I wanted to edit the original one(to a diff newsgroup) and couldn't. Then I realized this
group was the one I prefered to post in.

Everytime I try to post a new message from a newsgroup, when I click SEND, I get the following error message and it goes
into the OUTBOX, but won't post until I switch to the INBOX and then click SEND once or twice:

"Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Can't post newsgroup message unless I switdh to Inbox', Account:
'news.charter.net', Server: 'news.charter.net', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '400 Too Many Connections [Charter
allows 2 per host/0 per feed (0 == nolimit)] (Tornado v1.0.8.438)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 400, Error
Number: 0x800CCCA0"

This error message makes no sense, I only have one connection working. Charter tech support doesn't seem to understand
it either. Can someone here suggest some ways to fix the problem.

Thanks, John

Old May 21st 08, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Asked/Answered in OE General newsgroup. If you must make identical posts to
multiple newsgroups, please cross-post one (1) message to all of them.
Thank you.

Multiposting vs Crossposting:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Old May 21st 08, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Outlook Express uses up to three internal connections to the news
server. Most news servers allow three, rather than the 2 your news
server allows.

You are most likely to see the problem if you just post a message and
then switch to another newsgroup.

If you've set Tools, Options, General and Check for new messages every
xx minutes, then you would be best of if in Tools, Accounts, News,
Properties, General, you uncheck the option to include this account
check checking. That way, OE won't be trying to check for new news
messages while you are posting.

If that's not the case, then when you post a message wait a bit before
switching to another message to read.

Old May 22nd 08, 03:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jbclem

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to check with my ISP, Charter, to see about allowing 3 instead of 2 internal
connections.

I'm not set up to check for new messages every x minutes, so I'm not sure how there could be two connections happening
everytime I post just one newsgroup message. But if I can find a Charter tech who knows anything, I'll see if I can
confirm this is the problem.

Regards,

John