E-mail with only name is possible?

« FONTS | SALU »

Old May 12th 08, 04:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
crocus68

Default E-mail with only name is possible?

Hi:
One of friends asking me why his e-mail showing, as his
preference NOT show his-e-mail address. Only his
name, George Manoa(i.e.).

When I looked other e-mails in my 'in-box,' most of e-mails
showing his/her e-mail addresses right behind his/her names,
except only few.

i.e.: To: , instead: George Manoa

Wonder how to e-mail to intended receipients without showing his/her
e-mail addresses?

btw, I've been using, 'Outlook Express,' and 'Vista.'

Thanks for your help in advance.

Old May 12th 08, 05:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You can't use Outlook Express with Vista. If you are using Vista, you have
Windows Mail.

Windows Vista Mail Newsgroup.

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old May 12th 08, 10:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

You posted with OE6 on Windows XP SP2. Did your comment about Vista
mean that you are using multiple PCs and sometimes use a Vista PC?

As for your friend, what mail program is he using?

I'm not clear on the question. Is your friend asking why when YOU SEND
to him his e-mail address is showing in the TO field? Or is he asking
why when HE SENDS to someone else his e-mail address is showing in the
From field?

Lets take the first case. When sending from Outlook Express and using
the address book, what displays in the TO on the sending end is what
you've put in the address book for the display name. If doing a Reply,
the information comes from the message you are reply to (the Reply To
header if present or else the From header). What the recipient sees in
the TO field is up to the recipient's program. Some display just the
display name, others that was well as the e-mail address.

If he is talking about the From field when he sends, that depends on how
he has configured his mail program as well as what the recipient's mail
program wants to display. OE only displays the display if present. If
no display name, it displays the e-mail address.

Old May 13th 08, 11:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VanguardLH[_2_]

"crocus68" wrote in :

Hi:
One of friends asking me why his e-mail showing, as his
preference NOT show his-e-mail address. Only his
name, George Manoa(i.e.).

Your friend has a mania of seeing his own e-mail address?

When I looked other e-mails in my 'in-box,' most of e-mails
showing his/her e-mail addresses right behind his/her names,
except only few.

i.e.: To: , instead: George Manoa

Wonder how to e-mail to intended receipients without showing his/her
e-mail addresses?

Oh, now the e-mail is going to "multiple" recipients, something you
didn't mention before and why your friend doesn't want their e-mail
exposed - but exposed to OTHER recipients.

Use the Bcc field. No recipients see the e-mail addresses.

Old May 18th 08, 02:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Richard in AZ

Debbie. Do you just like to see your name in the FROM column, or did you have a comment to make on
the crocus68 post?

Comment to Crocus68. If you are using Vista, you do not have Outlook Express, you have Windows
Mail.
And you might get better answers in a newsgroup for Windows Mail.