OE 6.0 do not send emails even the emails are moved to sent folder

Old May 5th 08, 07:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JMF

Default OE 6.0 do not send emails even the emails are moved to sent folder

Please help, i don't know what's happening to Microsoft Outlook Express. I
have confirmed to my internet provider that the connection is working well,
they told me that the problem is probably with the Outlook Express. When I
send an email, it seems that everything's ok because the email sent was moved
to sent folders. However, when I check with the receipient if whether they
receive my emails, it was not received. I have tried it many times but the
problem is still there. How come my email was moved to sent folder when it
was not really sent anyway? Would appreciate your help. Thank you so much
and God bless!
Old May 5th 08, 07:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

If you send yourself a message, do you receive it?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old May 5th 08, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

That the message moved to the Sent Items means that OE got confirmation
from the mail server that it accepted the message. However, if your
anti-virus is set to scan outgoing mail, it impersonates the mail server
and may have told OE that the message was accepted when it is still in
the anti-virus program. In that case, you should disable outgoing
scanning.

With some anti-virus (and anti-spam) programs, simply disabling the
e-mail scanning function doesn't really disable it. It simply tells the
program not to flag any messages. It still processes all the messages
and may still cause send/receive failures. What you may need to do is
uninstall the anti-virus program, then reinstall it using a custom
install option and unselect the e-mail scanning component for
installation.

Old May 5th 08, 07:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JMF

Default OE 6.0 do not send emails even the emails are moved to sent fo

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have tried to send an email to my account but
still cannot receive it...

Old May 5th 08, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Disable email scanning (incoming & outgoing) by your anti-virus application.
It provides no additional protection, it's the most likely cause of your
problem, and even Symantec says it's not necessary:

QP
Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses that
are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect scans
incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email and
email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this. To
make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.
/QP
~PA Bear

Old May 7th 08, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"jmf" wrote in message
Please help, i don't know what's happening to Microsoft Outlook Express. I
have confirmed to my internet provider that the connection is working
well,
they told me that the problem is probably with the Outlook Express. When I
send an email, it seems that everything's ok because the email sent was
moved
to sent folders. However, when I check with the receipient if whether they
receive my emails, it was not received. I have tried it many times but the
problem is still there. How come my email was moved to sent folder when it
was not really sent anyway? Would appreciate your help. Thank you so much
and God bless!

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. Also exclude EML
files from the scan. It provides no protection not provided by the regular
resident protection.
Besides that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail and
Outlook Express and should be uninstalled. The latest version of Trend's
anti-virus seems to be causing problems too.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in Newsgroup, not by email.

Old May 12th 08, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Orlin Toribio

Frank, Because E-mail is sending and then the messages moved to sent folder
because
e-mail send is sent folder.

Old May 12th 08, 10:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Some email scanners will tell OE the email has been sent and then scan it.
If the server times out before the email scanner actually sends it then it
never gets sent. Turn off ALL email scanning.

Old May 12th 08, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Spam alert, Frank.

Orlin Toribio" Just hit this newsgroup eight times in
about so many minutes.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old June 29th 08, 09:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Orlin Toribio

Frank,
Yes, it sends messages. While the message sends, it's moves to the sent