How to receive reply message when receiver opens the email?

Old April 10th 08, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Eric

Default How to receive reply message when receiver opens the email?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to receive reply message
automatically when the receiver opens the email I sent? How to set this
option in Outlook Express? so whenever I send email to someone, they will
send me back a received message by opening the email.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Old April 10th 08, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

The following from Outlook Express Help.........

To be notified when your outgoing messages are received

You can set up Outlook Express to receive a receipt for e-mail you send. The
receipt is sent when the message recipient has displayed your message. This
is useful when you are sending time-critical information, or any time you
want confirmation that your message has been received.

To request a read receipt for individual messages, click the Tools menu in
the new message window, and then click Request Read Receipt.

To request a read receipt for all messages, click the Tools menu, click
Options, and then click the Receipts tab. Select the Request a read receipt
for all sent messages check box.

Note
Message recipients can choose not to send read receipts, even when they are
requested. If you do not want to send receipts, click the Tools menu, and
then click Options. On the Receipts tab, select the Returning Read Receipts
option you want.

Old April 10th 08, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Can't be done. You can request a Read Receipt but that's about it.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old April 19th 08, 06:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Guest