Favourites/bookmarks

Old February 26th 06, 08:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Percy

Default Favourites/bookmarks

My wife is disabled and blind and she has been given a
new laptop and she wants to know how can she get favourites/bookmarks and
Address book from her old computer (which has BTYahoo) onto the new one
which has IE6.

Any help will be welcomed as I am also disabled and know nothing about
computers.

Thanks
Percy

Old February 26th 06, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"Percy" wrote in message

My wife is disabled and blind and she has been given a
new laptop and she wants to know how can she get favourites/bookmarks
and Address book from her old computer (which has BTYahoo) onto the
new one which has IE6.

Any help will be welcomed as I am also disabled and know nothing
about computers.

Thanks
Percy

In IE, File Import and Export

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old February 26th 06, 01:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Percy,

The addresses can usually be exported as a (*.wab) file from the Windows
Address Book opened from Outlook Express. Use this file to import the
addresses at the laptop into OE as an Address Book.

It is sometimes necessary to export addresses as a comma-separated values
file (*.csv) from the OE File menu if entries are linked to Outlook or
another OE identity. Addresses can then be imported as "Other Address Book"
into OE.

More Information
http://home.earthlink.net/~kuaytim/exportwab.htm

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old February 26th 06, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Percy

In IE, File Import and Export

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

That has been tried but we cannot export from BTYhoo to IE6 and thats
what we want to do.

In BTYahoo we can import but not export.

Percy

Old February 26th 06, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Percy,

Are you using IE6? This Microsoft KB article describes the use of the
Import/Export wizard.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221523/en-us

First export as a Bookmark.htm file and then use this file when importing IE
Favorites. Someone familiar with BTYahoo may be along to assist.

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim
"Percy" wrote in message