Outlook Express Sending Mail PROBLEM

Old February 25th 06, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Moir

Default Outlook Express Sending Mail PROBLEM

Damn...........

THE PROBLEM HAS RETURNED! I have email scanning off, I have deleted dbx
folders, Sent items, Outbox and Pop3iudl. I have also shifted out ALL
messages (stored in a windows folder elsewhere) and then I deleted all dbx
folders and still have the problem of sending. I created a new Identity and
this did not work at all (failed to send message). For this new identity I
then also deleted dbx folders, Sent, Outbox and Pop. Rewfuses to send emails
:-( I have only one account and I checked for correct server settings with
my ISP.

HELP again please.

I cannot send reply to my earlier posts!

Old February 25th 06, 02:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Moir

After yet another "clean up" I got to send one message out and then that was
it!! No more could be sent.

Old February 25th 06, 02:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

I know you can't reply to original threads, so bear with us also if we
repeat ourselves.

You get absolutely no error messages?

In: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | All Tabs, have you confirmed that
all settings are correct?

What are you using for an anti-virus program?

What are you using for a firewall? If a third party app, make sure the XP
firewall is turned off.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old February 25th 06, 02:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

And what exactly did you do for a *Clean Up?*. Is regular e-mail affected
with this problem, or just newsgroups? You're using XP/SP2. You do have
updates waiting for you. It's probably not the fix, but it should be taken
care of.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old February 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Is MS Office and/or Outlook also installed?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org