Unable to send attachments still

Old February 17th 06, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frustrated

Default Unable to send attachments still

I hope there is someone here who can help me as I think I have exhausted all
other options and avenues! I am unable to send any emails that have
attachments of any type through OE6 with SP2. I have tried -
-changing registry values
- reinstalling XP
- different email clients (thunderbird, still did not work)
- checked ISP settings which are all correct
- disabling firewall and antivirus
- extending the timeout time on outlook to longer than 1 minute
- have checked the box to 'allow pictures'
- contacted Microsoft helpdesk which told me to create a new identity for
email which did a big fat nothing.

I have read other posts in here regarding this and have tried the advice
which they have been given (including XP smoker which again did not help).
My hard drive has also recently been reformated so I am pretty much starting
with a new machine.
Please help!
Old February 17th 06, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Please post the error message you get in its entirety. What do you use for
an e-mail client. Do you have McAfee or Norton installed, and if so, what
versions.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old February 17th 06, 03:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frustrated

at this point i don't have norton or mcafee installed. email client is OE6.
The email will simply stall at around 60% complete and I will get an error
message regarding my smtp server has not responded. But like i have said, i
have checked with my ISP and my setup is correct

Old February 17th 06, 03:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

I'm sorry. I meant to ask who you use for an e-mail server / ISP, not
client. And are you able to post the error message completely? You should be
able to left click on the text of the message to highlight it | Right click
| Copy, and paste into this thread.

Do you have *any* A/V program? Any Anti-Spam program? Is e-mail scanning on
or off? Is the attachment a graphic, and if so, what happens if you do:
Create Mail | Insert | Picture, and browse to the location and insert it,
rather than attach it.

Please answer the above as best you can. I know you are frustrated, but
without actually being at the machine, details are extremely important. I do
hope I can help.

Old February 17th 06, 11:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frustrated

I have no A/V program at this moment at all. The message it get first is
'Your smtp server has not responded in 60 seconds, would you like to wait
another 60 seconds? I keep hitting wait and the same message comes up
continually. THen if you hit cancel the following message comes up

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Subject '',
Account: 'caratop', Server: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

I am going through an ISP called TPG. I have contacted them twice and they
have walked me through configuring my connection properley.

Hope this helps
Thanks!!!!

Old February 17th 06, 11:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frustrated

Sorry forgot! If i create mail | insert | picture| the same thing happens.
Thanks

Old February 17th 06, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

I'm going to think on this. There isn't much you haven't tried, but I'll
keep at it.

Old February 17th 06, 01:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Have you ever been able to send attachments since the reinstall of XP SP2?
Did you install a antivirus or spam software since the XP reinstall?
Did XP have SP 2 included are was SP 2 installed after XP?
--
Ron Sommer

Old February 17th 06, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frustrated

No. I could not send attachments before I had SP2 as well. I did have an
anti virus on my system but it was wiped off when my hardrive was
reformatted. SP2 was installed after XP.
Thanks

Old February 18th 06, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Are you on dialup or DSL?
Have you checked the MTU settings in the Registry?
--
Ron Sommer