Will not display contacts-won't display new contact-won't display imported address book-HELP!!

Old January 25th 08, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Will not display contacts-won't display new contact-won't display imported address book-HELP!!

Bruce is very glad. Shared contacts went right by me.
--
~Bruce

"Ron Sommer" wrote in message
Glad you got it fixed.
I am sure that Bruce will be glad also.
--
Ronald Sommer

"Duncan Mullins" wrote in message
We have a winner!

Folders and Groups was already checked. The shared entries were a
handful of duplicates from the main identity. I wasn't aware that those
counted as separate contacts in the 999 figure. I deleted all the
duplicates from the shared book after I noticed they remained in the main
book when deleted. Boom! Contacts displayed again at 998.

I knew it was something simple! It didn't make sense to me that "shared"
addresses would could double in the total...oh well, who said MS was
logical? Thanks, Ronald.

Duncan Mullins

"Ron Sommer" wrote in message
When you counted addresses, where you only counting addresses under one
Identity?
What about shared contacts?
In the Address Book, View, check Folders and Groups.
Shared contacts are also displayed in the Contacts List.
--
Ronald Sommer

Old January 25th 08, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Actually, I needed one less contact. Anything over 99 contacts (i.e., 100
or more) will cause Contacts pane (not Address Book; View Layout
Contacts) to appear blank.

Ron Sommer wrote:
You needed one more 0.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
If you have more than 100 contacts, Contacts pane will appear blank.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Duncan Mullins wrote:
Hello -

Today the contacts in the Contacts pane disappeared. It just says
"There
are no contacts to display". They are all still in my address book.
Yes,
the little box to display contacts is checked. Also, if I enter a new
contact it still says "there are no contacts to display".

I created a new identity and tried to import my address book. The
addresses
were displayed in the contact pane as they were importing, then suddenly
it
said "There are no contacts to display" again while the import function
was
STILL flying through the contact names. The import box finished and
said
it
was "successful". What in the world is happening?? I've heard about
them
disappearing if you have more than 999 contacts, but I only have 968.

Any ideas out there?? Thank you for ANY help!

Old January 26th 08, 12:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

I thought 999 was the limit.
If you have 1000, the contacts pain will be empty.
--
Ronald Sommer