Need suggestions on folders

Old February 5th 06, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
P D Sterling

Default Need suggestions on folders

I'm something of a control freak: it annoys me that I cannot delete "Drafts"
as it is a system folder. Is there a way I can make my Follow Up folder to
be a system folder? I just deleted 69 messages I rather needed to follow up
on, and I am a bit depressed. Not perfect, just depressed. TIA.
--
Regards,

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX

Old February 5th 06, 07:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Are you saying that you had 69 messages in a *User Created* folder and you
accidentally deleted the folder and its contents? And that you would like to
have this user created folder set so it cannot be accidentally deleted? If
that is what you are asking, then No. You get two chances to redeem
yourself.

1): When you select to delete, you get a prompt asking if you really want to
delete the folder and all of its contents.

2): After you delete it, you can still go into Deleted Items and drag it
back out, (unless you have emptied Deleted Items before you realized what
happened).

The best you could do is use Drafts as your *Follow up* folder.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

link.net...

Old February 5th 06, 08:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
P D Sterling

you clearly are a bright person: I did have 69 messages in Follow Up, and
did delete it, say yes, empty trash, say yes, and now, pine. Somebody ought
to tell Uncle Bill that people who think they know it all get tired of being
asked if they really mean it, when 999 chances in 1000, they do.
--
Regards,

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX

Old February 5th 06, 08:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Apparently, that was the one chance in 1000 you didn't mean it.
Unfortunately, you can't make everyone happy.

As an example, with XP/SP2, (which it appears you are using, and have some
Windows Updates waiting for you), you can check the Do not show me this
again prompt for compacting folders after 100 closings of OE, which is a big
mistake on Windows part for allowing you to do this because now it will
compact after 100 closings without you realizing it, and if you shut down
the machine while compacting is in progress, you will lose messages.

Windows Mail, which will replace OE in Vista, the next OS, promises to be a
much more user friendly e-mail client, but I doubt everyone will ever be
100% satisfied.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

ink.net...

Old February 8th 06, 02:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

To help prevent from doing this again, go to View | Layout and disable the
folder list and enable the folder bar. That way its much less likely that
you will be able to delete an entire folder without doing it deliberately.

steve

Old February 8th 06, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
P D Sterling

Okay; I don't much like that bar, but agree it will help me focus (I hope)
better. Many thanks!
--
Regards,

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX

Old February 9th 06, 12:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

I like that bar. Don't like all that noise on the left hand side.

Maybe you'll come to like it better. G

steve

Old February 10th 06, 05:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
ggull

Hey, neat! I like this, it gives me more space in my cluttered window (or
lets me use a smaller window), but those folders are just a click away :-)
Ya learn something new every day, at least every good day.
Thanks

"Steve Cochran" wrote in message
I like that bar. Don't like all that noise on the left hand side.

Maybe you'll come to like it better. G

steve

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
link.net...
Okay; I don't much like that bar, but agree it will help me focus (I
hope) better. Many thanks!
--
Regards,

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX
"Steve Cochran" wrote in message
To help prevent from doing this again, go to View | Layout and disable
the folder list and enable the folder bar. That way its much less
likely that you will be able to delete an entire folder without doing it
deliberately.

snip