news server

Old January 16th 08, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
John E. Paul

Default news server

My news server, Cableone Newsgroup Service, identified as news.cableone.net
is no longer available and I can`t access my newsgroup. My newsreader,
Outlook Exp.was, of course, connected to this server. I`ll have to
subscribe to another server and I want to keep Outlook Exp. Please advise.

J. Paul

Old January 16th 08, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_]

If you're talking about Microsoft newsgroups:
msnews.microsoft.com

"John E. Paul" wrote in message
: My news server, Cableone Newsgroup Service, identified as
news.cableone.net
: is no longer available and I can`t access my newsgroup. My newsreader,
: Outlook Exp.was, of course, connected to this server. I`ll have to
: subscribe to another server and I want to keep Outlook Exp. Please advise.
:
: J. Paul
:
:

Old January 16th 08, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Other than for MSNews I assume?

Free and Public Usenet News Servers:
http://freenews.maxbaud.net/

Find a news server at:
http://www.newzbot.com/
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old January 16th 08, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Rich/rerat

John E. Paul,
Cableone is advertising some News Services he
http://help.cableone.net/email/news.aspx

I use the basic package from GigaNews, that is contracted through Comcast.
Which has all the newsgroups that I'm interested in. Most of the free news
servers no longer offer access to binary newsgroups, or very limited access.
Plus there are not as many as they used to be.
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

Old January 17th 08, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VanguardLH

"John E. Paul" wrote in message
My news server, Cableone Newsgroup Service, identified as
news.cableone.net is no longer available and I can`t access my
newsgroup. My newsreader, Outlook Exp.was, of course, connected to
this server. I`ll have to subscribe to another server and I want to
keep Outlook Exp. Please advise.

msnews.microsoft.com for Microsoft newsgroups.

I have news.aioe.org for a backup NSP; however, as I recall, you get
only 20 posts max per day and the owner also employs non-RFC compliant
anti-spam measures, like requiring the FollowUp-To header be specified
when replying to crossposted messages. individual.net is about $12
per year which is pretty cheap. Text newsgroups only. If you want
one that includes binary groups then you'll probably have to look at
commercial (paid) newsgroup service providers (NSPs).

Go ask in alt.free.newsservers for other free NSPs.

News server il barbi Outlook Express 5 November 8th 07 02:56 AM
Suddenly can't logon to news server Michael Santovec Outlook Express 2 June 10th 07 12:25 AM
Microsoft news server not found Dino Outlook - Installation 0 September 1st 06 05:35 PM
Can't access News server Dogburt Outlook Express 7 August 9th 06 09:19 PM
News server name for software testing -reg thirumalai Outlook - General Queries 1 February 12th 06 09:12 AM