OE6 Mail Rules

Old December 30th 07, 09:28 PM posted to 0.verizon.email.discussion-general,microsoft.public.win98.internet.outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Claude Balls[_2_]

Default OE6 Mail Rules

My first rule is -- move email with a certain "to" address to "Incoming
1" folder. I have the "stop processing rules" checked. Still email to
that address sits in the standard inbox and is not moved. Anyone have
this trouble before and know what's going on?

(This just started happening today.... prior to today, no problems. And
no changes made today.)

Claude Balls
Buy My Book

Old December 30th 07, 09:38 PM posted to 0.verizon.email.discussion-general,microsoft.public.win98.internet.outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

If this is a To rule, is it for another of your addresses? Write the rule
this way:

Where the message is from the specified account.
Move it to the specified folder & Stop processing more rules.
Click on: Specified Account and enter the account name for the second Inbox.
Click on: Specified Folder and select the folder you created.
Name the rule.

Move this rule to the top of the rules list and the incoming messages will
be separated into their respective folders.

How to set up OE Message Rules:
http://www.oeupdates.com/outlook-exp...lock-spam.html

http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/Email/O...tlook_Express/

http://www.jackieswebworks.com/outlo...ss%20notes.htm

Some Message Rule Ideas:
http://www.mindspring.com/~majik/messagerules.htm

Some tips:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm

Controlling Junk Mail in Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/.../junkmail.mspx

Message Rules not working?:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe/faqs/why.htm#rules
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old December 30th 07, 11:01 PM posted to 0.verizon.email.discussion-general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Inapplicable crosspost to Win98-specific newsgroup eliminated.

Message Rules Tips
http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm

Why doesn't my rule work?
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules

==============================

Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express Newsreader
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...roupsetup.mspx

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old December 31st 07, 12:08 AM posted to 0.verizon.email.discussion-general,microsoft.public.win98.internet.outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Take a look at the message source (Ctrl-F3) for the problem message.
Compare the TO header your rule. The value specified in the message
rule must exactly match (except for upper/lower case) some text in the
TO header. It doesn't have to match the whole header, but must be
contained in it. For example, if the rule says "claudeb" that will
match "claudeballs" but not "claude balls".

If the address was on the CC, then you must use the TO or CC rule, not
just the TO rule.

Old December 31st 07, 02:34 AM posted to 0.verizon.email.discussion-general,microsoft.public.win98.internet.outlookexpress,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Claude Balls" wrote in message
My first rule is -- move email with a certain "to" address to "Incoming
1" folder. I have the "stop processing rules" checked. Still email to
that address sits in the standard inbox and is not moved. Anyone have
this trouble before and know what's going on?

(This just started happening today.... prior to today, no problems. And
no changes made today.)

Claude Balls
Buy My Book

Is there a rule above that matches the email in any way that has "Stop
processing ..."?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

E-Mail rules and Add-in MON205[_2_] Add-ins for Outlook 0 November 8th 07 04:17 PM
How do I run mail rules after mail downloaded? Ronald Stepp Outlook - General Queries 16 June 25th 07 05:30 PM
Rules for Sent Mail Roy Outlook - Installation 3 November 2nd 06 02:07 PM
Mail rules DGuess Outlook Express 2 June 30th 06 03:20 PM
Mail Rules Tony Outlook - General Queries 9 May 11th 06 05:13 PM