Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   "Sender's email address was rejected" (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/64024-senders-email-address-rejected.html)

Mike Aldrich December 30th 07 05:02 PM

"Sender's email address was rejected"

I have never used OE before, and now that I have it set up, properly, I
think, I get this message whenever I try to send an email?
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '.
Subject '*WBTSII Telegraph from General cadet8', Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
Server: 'smtp.googlemail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 5.5.1
Authentication Required c15sm12640106anc.34', Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

Bruce Hagen December 30th 07 05:09 PM

"Sender's email address was rejected"

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Servers. Check: My server requires
authentication. Make sure the User Name and Password are entered.

Configuring your email client for Gmail: Outlook Express and Outlook 2002:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...276&topic=1556
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Mike Aldrich" wrote in message
I have never used OE before, and now that I have it set up, properly, I
think, I get this message whenever I try to send an email?
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '.
Subject '*WBTSII Telegraph from General cadet8', Account: 'pop.gmail.com',

Mike Aldrich December 30th 07 05:23 PM

"Sender's email address was rejected"

That worked. Thanks. However, now I am getting this error when trying to
retrieve email. Any ideas?

The operation was canceled by the user. Account: ',
Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error
Number: 0x800CCC17

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Servers. Check: My server requires
authentication. Make sure the User Name and Password are entered.

Configuring your email client for Gmail: Outlook Express and Outlook 2002:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...276&topic=1556
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

"Mike Aldrich" wrote in message
I have never used OE before, and now that I have it set up, properly, I
think, I get this message whenever I try to send an email?
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's
e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '.
Subject '*WBTSII Telegraph from General cadet8', Account:
'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.googlemail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server

Bruce Hagen December 30th 07 06:07 PM

"Sender's email address was rejected"

Did you double check the account settings in the link I provided?

If you haven't, reboot and try.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and
causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting changes
and has even been responsible for lose of messages. Your up-to-date A/V
program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Any better now? If not, does it show downloading message X of X messages,
and does it stop on the same message?
--
[...]

Subject '*WBTSII Telegraph from General cadet8', Account: