Make text in folders section bigger.

Old January 25th 06, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
don

Default Make text in folders section bigger.

I had to change the resolution of my desktop and the text in the folders and
"From/To/Received" sections of my OE 6 page are now too small for my old eyes
to read. I've looked all over, including help index, but can't find out how
to make them bigger.

I suppose I could find the answer more easily if I knew the technical names
of the sections of the O.E. page, but I couldn't find those either.

I'm generally pretty familiar with changing the display (Appearance, etc.)
properties. I thought the key to it might be somewhere in there, but if it
is I couldn't find it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Don
Old January 25th 06, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Right click on the Desktop | Properties | Appearance Tab | Advanced Button.
In the Drop-down box where it says Item, choose Icon and make the font size
larger there.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old January 25th 06, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ted Zieglar

Before you make adjustments, you might be interested in this nifty feature
of XP: the Magnifier. It works the same way as if you were to pass a
magnifying glass over the text. You can find it in Start All Programs
Accessories Accessibility. You may be able to make adjustments, but the
results are not always satisfactory.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

Old January 25th 06, 09:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
don

Font changed, problem solved.

As well, the magnifier is a nifty gadget though I won't need it with the
larger font.
It's amazing the lengths they went to in designing the MS software and
operating systems. They have my sincere admiration.

Thanks to both of you.
--
Don