Not getting mail from some addresses, but getting from others

Old January 23rd 06, 12:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Calianna Rekcirts

Default Not getting mail from some addresses, but getting from others

Hi! I do not get mail from certain addresses. Mail that I could when I use
my AOL account (which I am trying to delete, hence the desire to get it at
this address), or MSN account. Why can I get it at the other addresses my
not at my Verizon account? The other two emails end with .com whereas
Verizon ends with .net. Does this make a difference? One mail comes
daily -- or at least it should, I just never get it at the verizon account
so it never comes to outlook express. I have gone into the verizon account
it's not there either. I have check spam folders, turned spam off, still
don't get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Callie

Calianna (`*·.¸(`* ·. ¸ ¤¸.·*´)¸.·*´) « ´¨`·.¸¸.* Calianna *.¸¸.·´¨` »
(¸.·*´(¸. · *´¤`*·.¸)`*·.¸)

Old January 23rd 06, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Your domain is verizon.net If you are sent mail to verizon.com, you will
not get it. It is a simple matter of letting people, and other places that
you receive mail from, know that your address has changed.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old January 23rd 06, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Calianna Rekcirts

Actually I did let them know it was "net" One is an email newsletter. When
I tried to change from my old address to
it shows in the selection the correct address, but I
never get the confirmation letter. When I go back in to add again, thinking
it just did not work, it says this address is already joined, but you have
not replied to the confirmation letter. I emailed the owner, I received a
response from her saying to delete and the re-add. So I can receive mail
from her, but I am not getting the confirmation mail. I did as she said.
Three times actually, I still cannot seem to receive the confirmation
letter. Yet it is the same email information that I had given to the owner,
to which I do receive emails. The other email I cannot seem to receive is
what some would problably call "junk mail" but I used to get a daily email
from ucomics. When I went in and made the change on their site to my
account info "net" not "com" shows, but to this date -- 3 weeks I have not
received anything.

Any other advice?
Callie

Old January 23rd 06, 03:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You're going to have to contact Verizon and make sure that all the settings
in Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties (all tabs) are correct. I have no
idea what you mean by a *confirmation* letter.

Old January 23rd 06, 04:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

[...]

Sounds like some kind of spam filtering, either at your machine or at
Verizon.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
"Anyone who prefers security over freedom deserves neither."