Open program with ...

Old January 18th 06, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ann

Default Open program with ...

Hi,
I know I found this in the past and am having a mind cramp ... when the open
comes up to "open program with" how do I reset that back to where outlook
express picks the program?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Old January 18th 06, 01:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Paul Smith

"Ann" wrote in message

I know I found this in the past and am having a mind cramp ... when the
open
comes up to "open program with" how do I reset that back to where outlook
express picks the program?
Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello.

Tools - Options - General - Make default mail/news.

That should do the trick.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Old January 18th 06, 04:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

CrystalBall© says:

1. http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx; then...

2. http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

If still no joy, see:

SendTo and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Old January 18th 06, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

See the Identifying Attachment File Types and Setting File Associations
section of
Decoding Internet Attachments - A Tutorial
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_san...e.htm#identify