100 Messages

Old October 26th 07, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Andy Petro

Default 100 Messages

I am receiving over 100 junk mail messages per day, many of them
repeats. Is this a problem due to my internet supplier
.. Who do I complain to. This just started about a week ago. Using
outlook express.

Old October 26th 07, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Poprivet

Andy Petro wrote:
I am receiving over 100 junk mail messages per day, many of them
repeats. Is this a problem due to my internet supplier
. Who do I complain to. This just started about a week ago. Using
outlook express.

Well, it's sort of your ISP's fault, but you also have to share most of the
blame for letting your email address get spread around freely.

Ask your ISP if they have any spam control. Try it out if they do. If not,
you could either learn how to control spam or find an ISP who does take care
of it FOR you; usually works fairly well.

Can't say much of anything else; no idea what your expertise level is nor
are there any details that might lead to suggestions.

Pop`

Old October 27th 07, 01:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Never enter your address in a non-trusted Website, (including newsgroups),
and you won't get spam. But once it starts, a new address is the only true
cure.

I would filter in the mail. Start with the Address Book only rule and as you
get messages you want from people not in your Address Book, (E-mail from
businesses, bills, your ISP, etc.), you can add them to the rule.

Tools | Options | Message Rules | Mail | New.

Box 1 - Where the From line contains people {check it}

Box 2 - Check: Delete it & Stop processing more rules if you want messages
not in the Address Book to go to Deleted Items, or you can create a Junk
folder and direct them there.

You can choose Delete it from server, but be careful as you will never have
any messages downloaded to any folder if you choose this option.

Box 3 - Click on the blue words Contains People

Click on the first address to highlight it. Scroll down to the end and hold
down the Ctrl key while you click on the last address. This will highlight
them all. Right click on them and click on From in the menu that appears.

Now click Options and Choose: Message *does not contain* the people below in
the top Options box, and choose: Message matches any one of the people below
in the bottom Options box.

OK your way out of the new rule.

Now, only addresses you entered will be downloaded to your Inbox. You will
not see any other e-mail.

Don't forget, if you add someone to your Address Book, you will have to add
them to the rule. It will not be added automatically.

Be sure to see these links for more options.

Some Message Rule Ideas:
http://www.mindspring.com/~majik/messagerules.htm

Some tips:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm

Controlling Junk Mail in Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/.../junkmail.mspx

Message Rules not working?:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe/faqs/why.htm#rules
--