Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   How do I fix time-out error on OE6? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/5970-how-do-i-fix-time.html)

C & M Blankenship January 10th 06 02:56 AM

How do I fix time-out error on OE6?

When I try to send/receive messages I get this message after a few times of
"Your server has not responded after 60 seconds WAIT or STOP" - "A time-out
occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'mail._.net', Server:
'mail._.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
0x800CCC19" I can access the internet just fine. I can download newsgroups
just fine. I just can't send or receive email. Can anyone help?

--

As always: Peace & Love,
Margie Blankenship

Bruce Hagen January 10th 06 03:01 AM

How do I fix time-out error on OE6?

Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f or 0x800ccc19 when Receiving or Sending
E-Mail
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

Turn off the e-mail scanning in your anti-virus.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...921552806?Open

You are still protected:
http://snipurl.com/bmf6

If you have an Anti-Spam program, that can also be the cause of the error.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

AlmostBob January 10th 06 05:12 AM

How do I fix time-out error on OE6?

tools
accounts
mail
"your _ account "
server time outs

--
-
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de
Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
Panda online AntiVirus scan http://www.activescan.com
Panda online AntiSpyware Scan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/spyware/test/
Catalog of removal tools (1)
Catalog of removal tools (2)
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/n...aspx?CID=40387
Trouble Shooting guide to Windows http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages before
use
Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
_

PA Bear January 10th 06 05:21 AM

How do I fix time-out error on OE6?

Is Norton Internet Security (NIS) installed?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org