Address book moving/importing problems

Old January 11th 06, 11:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

Default Address book moving/importing problems

Using WAB /a is just a method of viewing all contacts without regard to the
identity they belong to. For what you have in mind, I think it would be
simpler to create a new wab file (Start/Run and type: WAB /new) and give it
a name and location to be saved to. Then open the existing book (Wab /a)
and use Copy/Paste to transfer the contacts (as desired) into the newly
created WAB file. Then copy that book and use it.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

"DrB" wrote in message
On all computers have in Wab4: FirstRun (1), OlkContactRefresh (0),
OlkFolderRefresh (0) and one computer also has PropTag1 (975437855).

Noticed on home computer, which I am trying to bring it's address book to
office, my wife has her own name for OE6 usage. When I ran wab /a it
showed her contacts too. If this is embedded in address book, can I just
delete her contacts, copy my address book and reinstall a copy of her
address book to bring her contacts back?

"Jim Pickering" wrote in message
Sounds like you will have to do some editing to eliminate the duplicates.
No easy way that I'm aware of.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

"Jack" wrote in message
Jim,

Folders and Groups will neither export nor import.

Actually, I was able to get an import of all Folders and Groups! I used
Other instead of WAB. Only problem is that it was on top (in addition
to) of what already was there. So I now have around 250 hundred of
extras and out dated ones.

Jack

Old January 12th 06, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jack

What is the best way to delete addresses from the WAB file so that they no
longer exist?

Jack

Old January 14th 06, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
DrB

Default Address book moving/importing problems-SOLVED

If one has another user on computer then there exists additional addresses
not yours, which is the problem I ran into. In order to get a pure address
book (no other or redundant/deleted addresses) I had to run wab /a and
delete wife's and default (since I had change my log-in name) addresses,
leaving only mine on the home computer. Then I copied the file home.wab, put
it on my office computer and imported these addresses into office.wab, which
had previously been cleared/deleted of all addresses.

Of course I had backup of all these files just in case this did not work,
which it did. What I have left to do is import back into wife.wab her
addresses which were deleted. This is easy to do since I had the backup and
just changed the name so it did not over write the wife's address book
before I can import into it.