Shared contacts in OE

Old October 18th 07, 05:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dreamweaver

Default Shared contacts in OE

Question
Subject: Shared Contacts in OE 10/18/2007 3:11 AM PST

By: Dreamweaver In: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

I have seven identities in OE6. In my first identity the shared contacts list
has dissapeared while it is available in all other identities.

I have restored from a backup but it only fixet the problem for a short time
and i get the message "There are no contacts to display"

How can I fix this problem?

Roger M
--
Extra Income - Ask me how.
Old October 19th 07, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Are you referring to the Shared folder in Address Book or sharing of
contacts with Outlook?

Assuming the former, the identity in question may be damaged, especially if
its the default Main Identity. Try one or more of your accounts in a new
Named Identity (File Identities Add new identity). Assuming all is well
(i.e., Address Book's Shared folder displays expected contacts), (1) compact
all folders in the old identity, (2) import messages from the old identity
into the new one, and then (3) delete the old one (File Identities
Manage Identities).

To avoid such corruption in futu

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [not available in SP2] and frequently
perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- WinXP SP2 only: Do not shut down your machine while Windows is
automatically compacting your message store.

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old October 29th 07, 11:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dreamweaver

Thanks,

Worked a treat. Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a while.

Regards - Dreamweaver
--
Extra Income - Ask me how.

Old November 4th 07, 02:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
heavy.hittin.husla

"PA Bear" wrote in message
YW & thanks very much for your feedback!
--
~PA Bear
NRKSENGHNR=NET JFEIAMFFDKE,SJW
Thanks,66365920

Old November 16th 07, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dreamweaver

Hi PA Bear

Since fixing the one identity two others have produced the same problem at
different times ie no contacts showing. I have fixed these in the same way.

Is there a more serious problem that I need to deal with?

--
Extra Income - Ask me how.

Old November 16th 07, 11:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

1. Tell me if MS Office or MS Outlook is installed?

2. In all identities, do you strictly adhere to the list of caveats I posted
in my first reply?
--
~PA Bear

Old November 20th 07, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dreamweaver

Hi

MS Outlook is installed but only used to keep a copy of my mobile phone
address book.
MS Office 2003 is installed.

I have set all six identities to empty deleted items on exit.

I compact the folders once a week but this also occurs automatically fairly
frequently.

There are only around 10 messages at any time in my most frequently used
identity inbox atny time.

Sophos Antivirus does not scan emails.

I have created a subfolder of Sent Items in each identity for messages that
I want to keep.

Regards - Roger Mantle (Dreamweaver)
--
Extra Income - Ask me how.