Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Not Q. but comment on OE "server not working" (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/5901-not-q-but-comment-oe.html)

AlmostBob January 7th 06 09:13 PM

Not Q. but comment on OE "server not working"

norton has a long blurb on their web site telling how useless email scanning
is & turn it off

--
-
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de
Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
Panda online AntiVirus scan http://www.activescan.com
Panda online AntiSpyware Scan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/spyware/test/
Catalog of removal tools (1)
Catalog of removal tools (2)
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/n...aspx?CID=40387
Trouble Shooting guide to Windows http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages before
use
Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
_
"Bebb" wrote in message
Frank, Jeezzzz this is so good to hear.
I'm so relieved to know this.
Thanks for your time in helping me too.
Bebb

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE" wrote:

"Bebb" wrote in message

I found out the problem myself and yes Michael you are correct, it is
my Anty Virus program that stops my server from working. I realized
when I did a LiveUpdate last evening it's since then that I got that
Server not working. I disabled my Norton Anti Virus for the incoming
E-mail and the server works perfectly, but, when I enable it back the
OE gives me that message that my POP3 server is not working...., also
I cannot send e-mails when in "enable" mode. I wrote to Norton about
that problem. I don't know how to fix that myself other than not
having my Anti Virus working when I receive E-mails. Very dangerous
though. Hope Norton fixes it. Thank you again for your time both of
you.
Bebb

It is NOT dangerous. As long as Norton is still running it will prevent

you
from opening or saving a virus even though mail scanning is turned off.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com