Time sent

Old August 11th 07, 01:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Andy Petro

Default Time sent

Is the time sent shown at the senders location or the receivers when
they are in different time zones.

Old August 11th 07, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

The sent time stamp is provided by your server. It will show local time for
the recipient. IOW, I am in California. If I send an e-mail at 6:00 AM to
someone it the Eastern Time Zone, their received time will show 9:00 AM.

Newsgroups will show the wrong time if your settings are incorrect.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

.. .

Old August 11th 07, 04:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

If I send an e-mail at 6:00 AM to someone in the Eastern Time Zone, their
received time will show 9:00 AM *if their time zone is correctly set to
Eastern Time Zone*.
:-)
--
Ronald Sommer

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
: The sent time stamp is provided by your server. It will show local time
for
: the recipient. IOW, I am in California. If I send an e-mail at 6:00 AM to
: someone it the Eastern Time Zone, their received time will show 9:00 AM.
:
: Newsgroups will show the wrong time if your settings are incorrect.
: --
: Bruce Hagen
: MS-MVP Outlook Express
: Imperial Beach, CA
:
: "Andy Petro" wrote in message
: .. .
: Is the time sent shown at the senders location or the receivers when
: they are in different time zones.
:
:
: --
: Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
:
:

Old August 11th 07, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Each mail messages has multiple time stamps. You can see these in File,
Properties, Details.

When you look at the list of messages in Microsoft IE3 Internet Mail or
IE4+ Outlook Express, the Received time is when the message was received
by your ISP's mail server. The server supplies the time. This is the
first (top most) of possibly several "Received:" lines in the message
header. Each mail server that a message passes through adds its own
Received line. These are in reverse order, so that the bottom most one
listed is the first server that received the message from the sender.

When you open or print a message, the time displayed is from the
sender's PC when he wrote the message, not necessarily when he
transmitted it (depends on the mail client). The time comes from his
PC. This is the "Date:" line in the message header.

The time stamps include a time zone code as either an offset from GMT
(e.g. -0800) or a character code (e.g. PST). The mail program attempts
to adjust displayed times to your local time. If it doesn't recognize a
time zone in a time stamp, it treats it as GMT. The mail program
recognizes the US time zone codes and GMT. Most others it doesn't.
Make sure you have the correct time zone setting on your PC. For
Windows look in Control Panel, Date/Time.

.. .