Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   How to use Draft folder (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/52836-how-use-draft-folder.html)

Roman King July 18th 07 06:15 PM

How to use Draft folder

I am composing a letter.
How can I store unfinished letters into Draft Items folder?
Then, I would like to retrieve the draft letter to complete and send
later.
I am using Outlook Express.
Roman

Bruce Hagen July 18th 07 06:28 PM

How to use Draft folder

X out of the message you are creating and you will be prompted whether you
want to save changes. Yes will put it in Drafts. Or you can Ctrl+S and it
will also get there. When you want to continue, just double click on it and
type away. If it is lengthy, click File | Save and changes you have made up
to that point will be saved. When you're ready, just send it from there.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Michael Santovec July 18th 07 06:38 PM

How to use Draft folder

- Start the mail as usual and enter as much as your want. Be sure to
fill in the subject. Some older versions of OE have a bug where they
throw away messages saved to Drafts if it has no subject.
- But instead of sending the message, click the X in the upper right
hand corner of the message window and click YES when asked if you want
to save the message.
- When ready to continue go to your DRAFTS folder. You'll find the
message there. Double click it to open in a message composition window.
- You can now continue writing the message.
- You can then either save the message back to the drafts as above, or
send the message as normal