Contact List - Adding a group

« Problemas | hi »

Old July 6th 07, 09:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Amy

Default Contact List - Adding a group

Hello,

I have followed the directions for adding a Group to Outlook Express 6 that
contains multiple email addresses.

I do everything as suggested, click ok, the box disappears, but nothing
happens. The group does not appear to save and/or show up in the address book
or in Outlook Express. And I do have Folders and Groups selected under the
View Menu. I am frustrated, please help!
Old July 6th 07, 12:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

What do you have showing in the Folders and Groups pane?
What is highlighted?
Is there a plus sign in front of your folder?
What do you get if you click on the plus sign?
--
Ronald Sommer

"Amy" wrote in message
: Hello,
:

Old July 7th 07, 12:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Amy" wrote in message
Hello,

I have followed the directions for adding a Group to Outlook Express 6
that
contains multiple email addresses.

I do everything as suggested, click ok, the box disappears, but nothing
happens. The group does not appear to save and/or show up in the address
book
or in Outlook Express. And I do have Folders and Groups selected under the
View Menu. I am frustrated, please help!

Click View | Folders and Groups.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

Old July 9th 07, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Amy

Frank, if you read my post, it says that I do have Folders and Groups
selected in the View menu.

Ron, when I click on the + it just shows my list of contacts like they are
on the left side in OE. All of my contacts are listed individually, but no
groups show up.

Old July 11th 07, 11:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

The plus sign only appears when there are groups under the Shared Contacts
or the Identity's Contacts.
After clicking on the plus sign, the group names appear in the Folders and
Groups pane.
If you highlight the folder name, the contacts and groups appear in the
right pane.
If you highlight a group name in the Folders and Groups pane, the members of
the group appear in the right pane.

In the Address Book, groups are listed alphabetically with the other
addresses.
In the Contacts pane, groups are listed at the bottom of the Contacts.

http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm

You can create "standalone" WAB files that all identities use and for how to
do that, see this link:
http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm#wabexe

Try creating a standalone wab and see if you can create groups.

I will try play with deleting the current wab and creating a new one.
--
Ronald Sommer

"Amy" wrote in message
: Frank, if you read my post, it says that I do have Folders and Groups
: selected in the View menu.
:
: Ron, when I click on the + it just shows my list of contacts like they are
: on the left side in OE. All of my contacts are listed individually, but no
: groups show up.
:
: "Amy" wrote:
: