Can Send/Can't Recieve - error message ox800ccc67

Old June 29th 07, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
bsands68

Default Can Send/Can't Recieve - error message ox800ccc67

I am in a corporate apartment and have brought my computer. I have hooked it
up and can access the internet and receive emails, but cannot send them thru
Outlook Express. I have checked the the POP and SMTP info and it is all
correct. Any help or ideas, please????
Old June 29th 07, 11:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Post the complete error message.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Old June 30th 07, 12:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Your subject says that you can send but not receive. Your message says
the opposite. I'm guessing that you can't send. That's common as a
spam control measure.

Because few SMTP mail servers support a logon feature, ISPs use a
variety of means to restrict access in order to reduce spam. However,
SMTP Authentication is becoming more common. Check with your ISP to see
if this is an option. In OE this is specified in Tools, Accounts, Mail,
Properties, Servers, Outgoing Mail Server, My Server Requires
Authentication. (If the Incoming Mail Server Account Name and Password
above this are not for your ISP mail account, click the Settings button
and fill your ISP settings there.)

Many ISPs require that you be directly connected to their service (not
via another ISP, corporate LAN, etc.) in order to send via their SMTP
mail server. (They match your IP address against those owned by the
service.) An exception is made for messages being sent to recipients of
their service. The typical error message will be "Cannot Relay" or "Not
Local" or "Not Gateway", "Not Allowed Rcpthost" or something similar. A
workaround for this is to use the SMTP mail server of the service that
you connect via, but leave your other settings the same. And for some
mail services, the SMTP Authentication may be needed. In OE this is
specified in Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Servers, Outgoing Mail
Server, My Server Requires Authentication.

Some mail services require that the FROM address be for their service.
For example, if you are sending via smtp.somewhere.com, then your FROM
e-mail address must be of the form . A typical error
would be Invalid From or Sender's address. Even if they require that
the From address match the service, you can generally still use a Reply
to address for a different service. Look in OE at Tools, Accounts,
Mail, Properties, General, E-mail address.

Some services require that you do a receive from your POP3 account
immediately before doing a send via the SMTP mail server. (They match
your IP address to one that recently did a successful logon to their
POP3 mail server.) This is not convenient to do in Outlook Express
since it always does a Send before Receive. You can either do the Send
and Receive twice in a row, where the first Send will fail, or in OE5
and above, do a Tools, Receive then a Tools, Send. The typical error
message will mention that you must do a Receive before Send.

Some ISPs block access to other SMTP mail servers while connected via
them. (They block TCP/IP port 25 except to their own SMTP mail server.)
Some of these ISPs will make exceptions if you present a compelling
reason to do this. The error messages may indicate network is
unreachable, access denied, or timeout errors (socket errors 10051,
10061 and 10060.) Another workaround for this is to use the SMTP mail
server of the service that you connect via, but leave your other
settings the same. In some cases you can use Port 587 or 465 rather
than port 25 (specify in OE at Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties,
Advanced). Your ISP is more likely to allow this port. The SMTP mail
server has to support this port. SMTP Authentication will likely be
required. In OE this is specified in Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties,
Servers, Outgoing Mail Server, My Server Requires Authentication.

--

Mike -
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

Old October 16th 07, 02:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
no1ref

I appreciate all the suggestions. I have verified everything that you
mention, and I still cannot send. I get the following error message:
inactivity. Subject ' belle haven', Account: 'PeoplePC Online', Server:
'smtpauth.peoplepc.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

I receive this message if I am using WiFi or at home using dial up. Any
further suggestions.

Thanks

--
wondering one

Old October 16th 07, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

First off check your setting he
http://home.peoplepc.com/helpinfo/em...gs/default.asp

If that's OK, when you use dial-up at home, are you dialing into
Peoplepc.com or another ISP? If another ISP, then they may be blocking
you.

If that's OK, then what version of Windows are you using? Are you using
the Windows XP firewall or another security package? You need to make
sure that port 587 is not blocked.

"no1ref" wrote in message
I appreciate all the suggestions. I have verified everything that you
mention, and I still cannot send. I get the following error message:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
causes for