Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Error On Sending Email (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/49124-error-sending-email.html)

Dell Boy May 26th 07 05:12 PM

Error On Sending Email

Thanks PA Bear, I may indeed be misreading my scrawl, thank goodness for
CrystalBall©!

I used the page you've linked to for the settings when I set the account up
but I intend to delete the account again (there's nothing remaining in the
Outbox), close OE, open it again and then re-setup the account as per the
link below & test. If that doesn't work I will delete the account, close OE,
delete the Outbox and Sent Items, open OE and then re-setup the account as
per the link below & test. I will re post in a few days time when I've done
this.

"PA Bear" wrote:

CrystalBall© suggests that the error number is really 0x800CCC0B (letter B),
not 0x800CCC08 (numeral 8), so see this page:
http://www.plus.net/support/email/em...oblems.shtml#7

1. Confirm that everything's set up EXACTLY as on this page:
http://www.plus.net/support/email/se..._express.shtml

Make certain that the full email address (Figure 4) is entered properly;
e.g., with no spaces or anything before or
after the address.

2. If you had to make changes, delete any messages currently in the Outbox.

3. Now test sending a new message.
--
~PA Bear

Dell Boy wrote:
Thanks Bruce and PA Bear.

Bruce, I found the info you've pointed to before I posted but it doesn't
help.

PA Bear, I've just set this up for a very elderly lady who has just signed
up with PlusNet. She tells me that email from her previous provider did
work. I've tried deleting the account from OE and then setting it up again
but this didn't resolve the problem. The problem only occurs when a
message
is waiting to be sent, if there is nothing in the Outbox the Send/Receive
goes through OK.

"PA Bear" wrote:

Is this a sudden, new problem or an ongoing one? IOW, have you /ever/
been
able to send mail from this mail account before?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

Dell Boy wrote:
I'm getting the following error when I try to send email:

"An uknown error has occurred. Subject 'Test Message', Account 'My
Email',
Server 'relay.plus.net', Protocol SMTP, Port 25, Secure (SSL) No, Error
Number 0x800CCC08"

Could anyone advise how to progress resolving it?

Vanguard May 26th 07 05:52 PM

Error On Sending Email

"Dell Boy" Dell am wrote in message
I'm getting the following error when I try to send email:

"An uknown error has occurred. Subject 'Test Message', Account 'My
Email',
Server 'relay.plus.net', Protocol SMTP, Port 25, Secure (SSL) No,
Error
Number 0x800CCC08"

Could anyone advise how to progress resolving it?

What happens if you create another [new] identity and define the e-mail
account under that?