Language Set To French

Old May 30th 08, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
doddy1963

Default Language Set To French

"8228" wrote:

I have a brand new PC with XP and MS Office Home and Student 2007 and my
Outlook Express only had French and no other choice for language for Spell
Check.

I downloaded the Vampirefo:

It only took a few minutes and now I have English in my OE.

Why doesn't MS have this in their fixes? Went to the MS download site, and
made sure that I had all my critical updates done, expecting that to fix the
French only problem, but it didn't. I had to find the answer myself here.

Very annoying and time consuming.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Office 2007 breaks OE's spell check. Downloading a free spell check is the
simplest way around this.

Some free spell check programs.

Vampirefo:

Old June 6th 08, 10:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jane

I just tried to load an old Office 2003 on my computer to load the english
dictionary. It will not allow me to use the product key code. Can you offer
further assistance? Thanks,
Jane

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Office 2007 breaks OE's spell check. Downloading a free spell check is the
simplest way around this.

Some free spell check programs.

Vampirefo:

TinySpell:
http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/ (Checks the spelling as you type).

Or from this blog:
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80

After installing Office 2007 RTM, you dont have English as a choice of
language in the spell checker of Outlook Express and potentially other
programs.

a.. Office 2007 is replacing the v.3 English Proofing Tools that shipped
in prior versions of Office with a new version (v.6). There are a number of
changes in this new version, but the one that is causing this problem is
that Outlook Express doesn't understand the new English Proofing Tools. This
is a problem because Outlook Express has never shipped with its own proofing
tools but has used the ones shipped by Office.
b.. There are a few scenarios in which you won't run into this problem:
a.. An upgrade from Office 2003 or earlier to Office 2007 RTM if you
don't manually uninstall the earlier version of Office.
b.. A configuration in which Office 2003 (or earlier) has not been
removed.
For example, I have Office 2003 still on both of my computers, and I
still have English in Outlook Express.
c.. The workaround for this problem is to install the English dictionary
from Office 2003 (or Office XP). There should be no need to install all of
Office just the dictionary. The English Proofing Tools can be found in the
Custom Install tree under Office Shared Features|Proofing Tools|English.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Dell Boy" Dell am wrote in message
I've just installed Office 2007 Home and student Edition on a Windows XP
SP2 PC with latest updates and the Language (Tools-Options-Spelling) in
Outlook Express 6 SP2 has now changed to French. It is not possible to
change
language becasue French is selected but greyed out.

The Primary Editing Language in Office 2007 is English United Kingdom and
English United States is also in the Enabled Editing Languages list.

Can anyone give any suggestions?

Old June 7th 08, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

If it rejects the product key when you enter it, that means that either
the key is not for that product, or you mistyped it. Double check it.

Old June 25th 08, 03:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
singh

I've just installed Office 2007 Home and student Edition on a Windows XP Home

Old July 25th 08, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
What happened to customer service?

I'm sorry, but I find it ridiculous to find that we users of Microsoft
software, IE, and OE should trust 3rd party freeware when Microsoft should
have made a fix to this problem, a long time ago.

I now have TWO computers of the 10 or so on my network that are stuck in
French, and lucky for me I know how to spell (other users, not so lucky!)

I will NOT use freeware, and I will NOT install Office 2003 etc, when it is
Microsoft's problem that they should have released a fix for this... Users
should not have to resort to either of these go-around type fixes.

WHERE IS THE FIX -- MICROSOFT??

Just call me an 'old fart', but I think when you buy a product, the product
should actually work!

-- old fart from Florida --

Old July 25th 08, 01:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Outlook Express has /never/ had a spell check of its own, so there is
nothing to fix.

What about all the people that never had an Office program? They never had a
spell check for OE unless they got a third party program.

Guess what? I have never used Office and have always used a third party
spell check.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old July 28th 08, 11:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

wrote in message
I'm sorry, but I find it ridiculous to find that we users of Microsoft
software, IE, and OE should trust 3rd party freeware when Microsoft should
have made a fix to this problem, a long time ago.

I now have TWO computers of the 10 or so on my network that are stuck in
French, and lucky for me I know how to spell (other users, not so lucky!)

I will NOT use freeware, and I will NOT install Office 2003 etc, when it
is
Microsoft's problem that they should have released a fix for this...
Users
should not have to resort to either of these go-around type fixes.

WHERE IS THE FIX -- MICROSOFT??

Just call me an 'old fart', but I think when you buy a product, the
product
should actually work!

-- old fart from Florida --

It doesn't matter how ridiculous you think it is. The bug is there and
won't be fixed.

Microsoft doesn't care about OE and doesn't read this newsgroup.

If you refuse to use freeware, then you can't use OE, which is freeware.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Old September 5th 08, 07:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
David

i just tried the magorgeeks download and i know have english in the oe6
instead of french. well the french is still there but the english is the
default. happy times are here