Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   remote outlook express access (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/43035-remote-outlook-express-access.html)

donna March 10th 07 12:09 AM

remote outlook express access

Is it possible for me to have remote access to my Outlook Express email? I
have this feature at work, where my email is Outlook; I can access my
work-email from home or wherever...is this possible with my home account?
Thanks if you can help, D
--
mikeyandclaireandtom

Michael Santovec March 10th 07 12:56 AM

remote outlook express access

Do you just need to be able to read new mail that has arrived at your
mail service (ISP) since you last checked mail with Outlook Express? If
so, check to see if your mail service offers web mail access. Many do.

Or you might also be able to use http://mail2web.com or
http://www.mailstart.com for this function (if your ISP allows outside
access to their POP3 mail server).

Charlie Tame March 11th 07 09:30 PM

remote outlook express access

If you have xp professional you can actually login to the machine from
another location and read your mail that way using remote desktop. The only
other satisfactory solution with outlook express, is to go to tools,
accounts, double click on the account and in the advanced settings box
choose the option to leave a copy of the messages on the server.

Do this on the machine at home and all the work machines that you will use
and as long as you set a reasonable expiration date the machines should pick
up a copy of any waiting mail... Of course if you reply to anything, the
reply will only be saved on the machine you're using at the time.

There's no really neat way to do this with outlook express.

Charlie

Robert Aldwinckle March 15th 07 06:55 PM

"Donna" wrote in message
Is it possible for me to have remote access to my Outlook Express email?

So far you have been given two different interpretations of what you might
have been thinking of when you used those words "my Outlook Express email".
What are you trying to do and what E-mail services do you have?
E.g. another possibility which would be a closer analogy to your office Outlook
implementation would be if your E-mail accounts were IMAP instead of POP3.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---