Language Setting French - English

Old February 21st 07, 07:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Daniel Malek

Default Language Setting French - English

Hi everyone

My default language setting in control panel -- Regional and Language
options is English (US) .

I tried to add spell checking to my outgoing messages from options -
speling , but the language setting there is French and it does not show any
more languages in the options.

Could you tell me how to change this? I am using win xp pro and outlook
express 6 .
Old February 21st 07, 04:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Office 2007 breaks OE's spell check. Downloading a free spell check is the
simplest way around this.

Vampirefo:

TinySpell:
http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/ (Checks the spelling as you type).

Or from:
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80

After installing Office 2007 RTM, you dont have English as a choice of
language in the spell checker of Outlook Express and potentially other
programs.

a.. Office 2007 is replacing the v.3 English Proofing Tools that shipped
in prior versions of Office with a new version (v.6). There are a number of
changes in this new version, but the one that is causing this problem is
that Outlook Express doesn't understand the new English Proofing Tools. This
is a problem because Outlook Express has never shipped with its own proofing
tools but has used the ones shipped by Office.
b.. There are a few scenarios in which you won't run into this problem:
a.. An upgrade from Office 2003 or earlier to Office 2007 RTM if you
don't manually uninstall the earlier version of Office.
b.. A configuration in which Office 2003 (or earlier) has not been
removed.
For example, I have Office 2003 still on both of my computers, and I
still have English in Outlook Express.
c.. The workaround for this problem is to install the English dictionary
from Office 2003 (or Office XP). There should be no need to install all of
Office just the dictionary. The English Proofing Tools can be found in the
Custom Install tree under Office Shared Features|Proofing Tools|English.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old February 22nd 07, 07:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook
Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)