Hotmail

Old February 4th 07, 09:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

Default Hotmail

Can someone tell me how to configure outlook express so as I can use it for
my hotmail account.

Thanks

Ken

Old February 4th 07, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
D@ny

In ,
Ken wrote:
Can someone tell me how to configure outlook express so as I can use
it for my hotmail account.

Thanks

Ken

Do you have Hotmail Plus?
Regards
D@ny

Old February 4th 07, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
D@ny

In ,
Ken wrote:
No I do not have Hotmail Plus

You can't use POP3 server for your Hotmail account if you have not
subscribed Hotmail Plus.
Regards
D@ny

Old February 4th 07, 05:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

If you want to use Outlook Express to access your Hotmail account, you must
have an MSN subscription, or Hotmail Plus. For more information, visit the
following Microsoft Web site:
http://join.msn.com/hotmailplus/overview-std

See this about reading Hotmail in OE:
http://email.about.com/od/outlookexp...s/wt041202.htm
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old February 5th 07, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
someone

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I did have OE configured to download Hotmail a
few years ago, but since it would not download them unless I clicked
Send/Receive (for some reason), I deleted the Hotmail from OE. The other
day I downloaded the Windows LiveOne Care toolbar (the toolbar only, which
is free) and typed in my other email account. Since then, after I
configured OE to receive the Hotmail, I have been getting my Hotmail on the
OE. Is this because I had it before or is it because I now have the Live
One Care toolbar?

"N. Miller" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 18:30:58 +0100, D@ny wrote:

In ,
Ken wrote:

No I do not have Hotmail Plus

You can't use POP3 server for your Hotmail account if you have not
subscribed Hotmail Plus.

You can't use a POP3 server for MSN Hotmail, period. Unless Hotmail has
legacy account using POP3 servers as MSN does.

You can use MS Outlook Express configured for HTTPMail with MSN Hotmail
accounts; if those accounts were so configured _before_ Sept. 26, 2004, ro
thereabouts. Long enough ago that I am no longer certain of the exact
date.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,