Enlarge attachment "window" in incoming email?

Old January 28th 07, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
CWLee

Default Enlarge attachment "window" in incoming email?

From time to time I receive email having one or more
attachments. Usually the "window" on the incoming message
form is large enough to list all of these attachments.
However, sometimes that "window" is only 1 line high, with
arrow buttons at the right to scroll up and down. In those
cases, if there are several attachments, one cannot scroll
slow enough to see the names of all of the attachments.
Thus, I can't tell if I've opened all the attachments.

Is there a way to enlarge this "window" so that all
attachments are shown?

I'm using W-2000/pro, and OE6.

Thanks.

--
----------
CWLee

Old January 28th 07, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Is this *window* the field to the right where it says Attach: when viewing a
message in its own window? That cannot be changed.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

From time to time I receive email having one or more

Old January 28th 07, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
CWLee

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Is this *window* the field to the right where it says

Attach: when viewing a
message in its own window? That cannot be changed.

No, I believe we are talking about something else. When I
view a message in its own window, and if that message has
one or more attachments, there is a new "sub-window" just
below the Subject line that appears. It varies in size; if
only one attachment it is 1-line high, but if there are 2 or
more attachments it is sometimes several lines high showing
all attachments and other times it is just 1 line high but
with scroll buttons (up and down) to the right.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

From time to time I receive email having one or more

Old January 28th 07, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

And this "sub-window" does not say Attach: to the left of it right under the
word Subject:?

When you open a message in its own window, not the Preview Pane, is that
window the full size of the screen?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"CWLee" wrote in message

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Is this *window* the field to the right where it says

Attach: when viewing a
message in its own window? That cannot be changed.

No, I believe we are talking about something else. When I
view a message in its own window, and if that message has
one or more attachments, there is a new "sub-window" just
below the Subject line that appears. It varies in size; if
only one attachment it is 1-line high, but if there are 2 or
more attachments it is sometimes several lines high showing
all attachments and other times it is just 1 line high but
with scroll buttons (up and down) to the right.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

From time to time I receive email having one or more

Old January 28th 07, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

If you try forwarding the message (using Plain Text), do all the attachments
appear just below the Subject line? You do know that you can click on the
menu, File/Save Attachments and it will save all attached files.
--
Jim Pickering
MVP-Windows Mail applications

"CWLee" wrote in message

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Is this *window* the field to the right where it says

Attach: when viewing a
message in its own window? That cannot be changed.

No, I believe we are talking about something else. When I
view a message in its own window, and if that message has
one or more attachments, there is a new "sub-window" just
below the Subject line that appears. It varies in size; if
only one attachment it is 1-line high, but if there are 2 or
more attachments it is sometimes several lines high showing
all attachments and other times it is just 1 line high but
with scroll buttons (up and down) to the right.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

From time to time I receive email having one or more

Old January 28th 07, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
CWLee

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

And this "sub-window" does not say Attach: to the left of

it right under the
word Subject:?

Yes, it does say Attach to the left, right under the
word Subject.

When you open a message in its own window, not the Preview

Pane, is that
window the full size of the screen?

Yes, that window (the one associated with Attach ) goes
the full length of the screen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"CWLee" wrote in message

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

[...]

From time to time I receive email having one or more

Old January 28th 07, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

I can't be sure, but I believe that in my case, that "window" never goes
larger than three lines even it there are dozens of attachments, and AFAIK,
there is no way to change that behavior. I get the scroll bar as well.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"CWLee" wrote in message

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

[...]

From time to time I receive email having one or more

Old January 28th 07, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
CWLee

"CWLee"

When you open a message in its own window, not the

Preview
Pane, is that
window the full size of the screen?

Yes, that window (the one associated with Attach )

goes
the full length of the screen.

I should have written that it goes the full WIDTH of the
screen.

Sorry.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"CWLee" wrote in message

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

[...]

"CWLee" wrote in message

From time to time I receive email having one or

more

Old January 28th 07, 09:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
CWLee

"Jim Pickering" wrote:

If you try forwarding the message (using Plain Text), do

all the attachments
appear just below the Subject line?

Yes.

You do know that you can click on the
menu, File/Save Attachments and it will save all attached

files.

Was not aware of that, and it may be useful at times. I
guess it is another way of seeing the full list of
attachments when the attachments sub-window is not tall
enough to list them all.

--

"CWLee" wrote in message

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

[...]