Email without Internet access

Old January 25th 07, 01:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dan

Default Email without Internet access

I have a friend who wants to get dial-up email but does not want any Internet
access in his home. I thought that Free Juno would get him exactly what he
wants, but it appears that Juno does not offer that service anymore. Does
anyone have any recommendations of any other services like Juno used to be,
where I can get email without any Internet access? Thanks!

Dan
Old January 25th 07, 01:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You have to use an ISP and that will also give you Internet access. You may
be able to disable using Internet Explorer, but other than that, it would be
like trying to turn a light on without having electricity.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old January 25th 07, 02:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dan

I understand that that's generally true these days, but it used to be true
that you could use Juno's proprietary program to send and receive email over
a dial-up phone line without having any access possible to the Internet. I
was just wondering if anyone knows of something similar that's still
available today.

Dan

Old January 25th 07, 07:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

That's like wanting to send letters without having to buy stamps...or
wanting to receive letters without having a mail box or street address.

How about a cellphone??
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Old January 25th 07, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

There are some services out there.

Here's an example:
http://agapeinternet.com/dialup.htm

There were some e-mail only appliances. But a quick search didn't turn
up any currently offered. I found an article the EarthLink bought out
one service awhile back, but couldn't find that they are offering the
service.

Old January 25th 07, 10:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dan

Michael,

I'll have to investigate Agape Internet when I have more time, but at first
glance it looks like exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks very much for the
information!

Dan

Old January 26th 07, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Robert Aldwinckle

"Dan" wrote in message ...
I have a friend who wants to get dial-up email but does not want any Internet
access in his home. I thought that Free Juno would get him exactly what he
wants, but it appears that Juno does not offer that service anymore. Does
anyone have any recommendations of any other services like Juno used to be,
where I can get email without any Internet access? Thanks!

How helpful does he expect you to be? E.g. if you did everything for him
that required an Internet connection he could then dial in to your computer
to do a file transfer of his "E-mail" or you could even fax it to him. Etc.

Unless he has a really good reason for wanting this, e.g. is not doing it
just to save a buck, I would beg off and save myself all the nuisance that
trying to provide such a service would entail.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---