Outlook Express problems

Old January 24th 07, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
klberry21

Default Outlook Express problems

When I click on a received e-mail on Outlook Express I get a message that I
might have an issue with Active-x and then Outlook Express abruptly closes.
Does anyone know what is causing this to happen and what I can do to fix it.
I appreciate any help as my son is home schooled and he depends greatly on
Outlook Express for class work.
Old January 25th 07, 12:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Please state your Windows, IE and OE versions. Also post the complete error
message.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Old January 25th 07, 07:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"klberry21" wrote in message
When I click on a received e-mail on Outlook Express I get a message that
might have an issue with Active-x and then Outlook Express abruptly
closes.
Does anyone know what is causing this to happen and what I can do to fix
it.
I appreciate any help as my son is home schooled and he depends greatly on
Outlook Express for class work.

Does this happen on all mail or just some?
If it is just some, are you sure it's legitimate mail?
Try going to Tools | Options | Read and setting it to Read all messages in
plain text.
What is the exact, complete error message?
Windows version?
OE version?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM