"You've got # mails" Male voice

Old January 23rd 07, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Default "You've got # mails" Male voice

"You've got # mails" in a male voice

Help! I can't get rid of this message! It's driving me crazy! I've
turned off every sound on the computer (under control panel), have
turned off all Outlook alerts, all Outlook Express alerts, all Internet
Explorer alerts, Messenger alerts, and Mozilla alerts. I've search all
over the computer for the offending sound file. All to no avail.

I use Mozilla and Outlook (with POP connections to other email
providers). I don't even instant message, but I just decided to cover
my bases and turn those off as well. A little help?!!!

Old January 23rd 07, 11:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

If New Mail Notification is unchecked in the Control Panel | Sounds and
Audio devices | Sounds, then it is a third party program. Search carefully
in Add/Remove Programs.

You /may/ also see some reference to this program in Start | Run | msconfig
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

oups.com...

Old January 29th 07, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
seeker

go to contro panels settings look for sounds and audioon tab sounds you
will see box that has all the sounds associated with errors windows start
sound etc look for AOL in list and look for email notification or something
like that and remove the speaker icon next to email notifuication. AS A Side
NHote some Blue screen errors can be associated with corupt windows sounds
strat up etc.
oups.com...