printer button "grayed" out

Old January 23rd 07, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
tfox37380

Default printer button "grayed" out

I have my printer set up as a network printer via a workgroup switch and my
DSL modem/router. I use IE7 and Outlook Express 6, and noticed that the
printer button is grayed out when I am on the Inbox page, so I cannot print
an email without opening it first. My other home computer uses the same
programs and I can print directly from the Inbox page (printer is not
grayed). The only difference is the second computer has a printer connected
with a parallel cord. Any ideas on how to "fix" the first computer so the
printer button is not grayed?
Old January 23rd 07, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

The e-mail has to be open, either in the Preview Pane, or in its own window.
Are you viewing in the Preview Pane and still have the Print command grayed
out? Does Ctrl+P start the printer? Or File | Print?

Also note that if you have the preview Pane disabled, and then enable it,
the Print button will stay grayed out until you use File | Print once.
(Don't ask why).
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express