outlook express is too big on my screen!

Old January 11th 07, 03:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
ANDY

Default outlook express is too big on my screen!

How do i make outlook express smaller on my screen? I dont mean minimizing
it, its just that i can only fit 9 headers on the page, it used to be much
more than this. Also, the folders column on the left hand side is so big
too.
Any help appreciated.

Old January 11th 07, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

What exactly do you want to make smaller? The entire program so some of your
Desktop will show? That won't give you more room to view headers.

Are you viewing in the Preview Pane? Is that what you want to make smaller
so you see more messages headers in that pane? Just put the cursor on the
separator bar between the two panes. When it is in the right place it will
turn into a double arrow. hold the left mouse key and drag the Preview Pane
to the size you want. Same with the folder tree column.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old January 11th 07, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
ANDY

The problem seems to be that the text size for the headers is too big
thereby only allowing a small amount of headers to fit on the top half of
the page. I have tried to reduce the text size but this only reduces the
size of the text in the message in the lower half of the page and not in the
header. help!

Old January 11th 07, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Right click on the Desktop | Properties | Appearance. If there is an
Advanced button click that. In the Item drop-down box select Icon. Change
the font size there.

Note that this will change the font size in some other places as well.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old January 12th 07, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mikey

several settings that can change the menus.
Start - Programs - Accessories - Accessibility - and make sure the option is unchecked to enlarge menus. and ok out.
also right click on desktop select properties, advanced and check the DPI setting you are using.