Problem Sending Email

Old December 19th 06, 09:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
cpwalter

Default Problem Sending Email

When I send a message two things happen. First when I click the send button,I
get a window to drop down from Outlook Express with a warning yellow triangle
in the left corner. It says, "Some errors while processing the requested
tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details." The TASK tab
shows the email message with a "warnings" in the status column. There is
nothing in the ERROR tab. The message gets sent and also goes into the OUTBOX
where it is resent each time the program goes in to check for messages. The
sent message does not appear in the SENT MESSAGES folder. The only way to
stop the multiple messages from being sent is to go into the OUTBOX and
delete the message. Any ideas how to correct this? I deleted the OUTBOX from
the store folder but it did not work. I stopped scanning out going email
messages but it did not work. HELP!!!!
Old December 19th 06, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Did you close OE before you deleted the Outbox? OE has to be closed when you
do this. Move any messages from Sent Items you wish to save and delete that
as well.

Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer
of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending, and causes a multitude
of problems such as time-outs and account setting changes. Your up-to-date
A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

If still no joy:

You may have a damaged identity especially if it is the default Main
Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a new one and test it.
If all is well, you can import your messages and Address Book from the old
identity and delete it.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old December 19th 06, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
cpwalter

Bruce,
Thank you for responding. Do I turn off both incoming and outgoing
anti-virus scanning? This will not leave my computer unprotected?
cpwalter

Old December 19th 06, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Turn off both incoming and outgoing E-MAIL scanning. Leave the
anti-virus running.

As long as your anti-virus software is set to scan files as they are
opened, scanning e-mail as it downloads is unnecessary and prone to
problems.