Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Message content replaced with "Message has not been downloaded" (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/35524-message-content-replaced-message-has.html)

Bill Norton December 15th 06 08:26 PM

Message content replaced with "Message has not been downloaded"

Recently I opened up Outlook Express (6.0) and noticed that all of the mail
in my Inbox between the dates of 11-2-06 and 12-9-06 showed the following
message:

Message has not been downloaded
Outlook Express has not yet downloaded this message.

To download the message:

Click here.

Press Space.

Outlook Express
"Click here" was linked to "athcmd:download".

In addition the messages in many, but not all of my subfolders were wiped
out.

What's happening? Is there a way to get the messages back?

Michael Santovec December 16th 06 01:20 AM

Message content replaced with "Message has not been downloaded"

What kind of mail account is this?

If POP3, that would indicate a corrupted Inbox DBX file.

If HTTP (Hotmail/MSN) or IMAP, it could indicate a problem with the mail
server or connecting to it.

See if this might apply:
Authentication fails when you use Outlook or Outlook Express to try to
log
on to a HTTP-based mail server if you use Internet Explorer version 7.0:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=904942

PA Bear December 16th 06 04:47 AM

Message content replaced with "Message has not been downloaded"

MSN/Hotmail servers went wacky /again/ this afternoon.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Bill Norton December 18th 06 07:39 PM

"Michael Santovec" wrote:
What kind of mail account is this?

If POP3, that would indicate a corrupted Inbox DBX file.

It's POP3, so most likely a corrupt DBX file, right?

Also, I dowloaded the fix that you suggested, and while it may have fixed
the problem from happening in the future, it didn't bring my lost email back.

Michael Santovec December 19th 06 11:12 PM

Message content replaced with "Message has not been downloaded

See:
Messages in Inbox or other mail folders disappear
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone
Recovering lost messages
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4

The fix I referenced was for problems logging into Hotmail/MSN accounts,
not for POP3.