How do I print the list of messages in a folder

Old December 3rd 06, 03:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
LARRY276

Default How do I print the list of messages in a folder

I want to show a client how many emails I receive from their offices in a
typical week. Is there any way in OE6 to print the message list as it
appears on the screen?

Old December 3rd 06, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Larry276,

OE does not have this capability. It would be possible to select and drag (a
copy) of messages from an OE folder to a Windows folder, and then obtain a
text list of subjects with the help of a script. You could then print the
list (or edit) and check the subjects that come from a sender. I could send
you a link that will lead to the script and instructions for use. The list
from a Windows folder would not be in the same order (by date) as in OE.

We now know that scripts can be dangerous. Your A/V will give a stern
warning against using the script, but this one is safe. This could be
verified by opening it (the *.wsf file) before use in Notepad.

If this is of any interest contact me.
E-mail:
kuaytim(at)earthlink.net

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old December 3rd 06, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Chuck Davis

Larry,

I use a program from TechSmith called Snagit. I is essentially a screen
capture program. It has settings that allow the input area to be a
"scrolling region" the output can be the clipboard, although in your case,
you would probably want the output to be a file or your printer. It will
scroll as far as you want.

From their web site: "Using SnagIt, you can select and capture anything on
your screen and share it with others to visually clarify difficult concepts,
create clearer documentation, and give your presentations a professional,
dynamic look." http://www.techsmith.com There is a price tag associated
with it.

Old December 3rd 06, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Chuck Davis

Oops! Snagit has a trial period...

Old December 3rd 06, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

SysExporter
Outlook Express Tree Lists and Message Lists (NT/2000/XP)
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/sysexp.html.

Old December 5th 06, 02:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Get my OETool program. It will generate a CSV file and an HTML file that
you can then print or import into a spreadsheet program.

www.oehelp.com/OETool/

steve