Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Cannot Open JPG Attachments (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/33786-cannot-open-jpg-attachments.html)

Rick November 25th 06 05:16 PM

Cannot Open JPG Attachments

When I receive an email with a JPG attachment (a photo), and I try to open
it, I get a message that says
" This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel".

In the Folder Options control panel/File Types, it does have an extension
for "JPG" and beside it under file type is "EasyShare.jpg"

Can anyone advise me what the problem is and how to correct it? Thank you

wray

Bruce Hagen November 25th 06 05:31 PM

Cannot Open JPG Attachments

Save the attachment to your HDD. Right click on it and Open With. Find and
choose a program that works and then check the box: Always use this program
to open this kind of file. This should enable you to open these attachments
in the future.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Kuay Tim November 25th 06 05:46 PM

Cannot Open JPG Attachments

Hi Rick,

The basic question has been answered. Just to add, the Kodak EasyShare
software may need to be reconfigured, or even reinstalled, to avoid having
it want to be the default viewer. There are some good suggestions at this
linked page ...

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6122_102...geID=232210 9

--
Tim K.