Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Corrupt Favorite urls (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/32384-corrupt-favorite-urls.html)

DL November 8th 06 09:38 PM

Corrupt Favorite urls

How do you either delete the complete Favorites Folder, or specific URLs
These urls are corrupt, I cannot rename/delete/access properties.
I've tried via cmd.exe
TY

Ted Zieglar November 8th 06 09:50 PM

Corrupt Favorite urls

Favorites Organize Favorites Delete button is a better choice.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

DL November 9th 06 12:42 AM

Corrupt Favorite urls

Doesnt work, access denied
I can delete all excepting the corrupt urls

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM November 9th 06 12:57 AM

Corrupt Favorite urls

"DL" address@invalid wrote in message
How do you either delete the complete Favorites Folder, or specific URLs
These urls are corrupt, I cannot rename/delete/access properties.
I've tried via cmd.exe
TY

IE version?
Windows version?

Assuming IE6 on WinXP:
Close IE.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to
C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name)\Favorites and delete them.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Bruce Hagen November 9th 06 04:17 AM

Corrupt Favorite urls

If you can't delete the entire folder in Documents and Settings as Frank
suggested, I would suggest you ask in an Internet Explorer newsgroup.

For Internet Explorer questions not pertaining to Outlook Express, please
post to one of the following:

IE6 Specific Newsgroup:

IE General newsgroup:
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

DL November 9th 06 08:33 AM

Corrupt Favorite urls

IE6 on Win2k
Allready tried this method
There are no virus/malaware the url's are corrupt (8 of them)
ie When viewed in IE the url instead of being a short name, comprises some
200 charactors (30 words) and as such I beleive exceeds the win/IE limit
I'd copy and paste if I could, but I cannot even do that with them.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM November 9th 06 12:58 PM

Corrupt Favorite urls

C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name)\Favorites and delete them.

The Windows limit is 255 characters.

You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320081