Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   .dbx corrupted files (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/32242-dbx-corrupted-files.html)

Rodrigo Santos November 7th 06 09:17 PM

.dbx corrupted files

At one day five folders of my Outlook Express just gone. The .dbx files
still remains at the identities/outlook folder. I used the following
programs:

Easy Outlook Express Repair
QE-Mail Recovery
Ontrack Easy Recovery
Quick Recovery for Outlook Express
Nucleus Kernel Outlook Express

None could repair the .dbx files. Anyone has an ideia of how can I do it?

PS: I´ve already tried to create a new identity and import the messages, but
only the non-corrupted one´s were avaliable to import.

Michael Santovec November 7th 06 09:35 PM

.dbx corrupted files

This program probably has the best chance of recovering any messages
from corrupted DBX files.

DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

"Rodrigo Santos" wrote in
message ...

Rodrigo Santos November 9th 06 02:56 PM

.dbx corrupted files

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

This program probably has the best chance of recovering any messages
from corrupted DBX files.

DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

Thank´s man, it´s a great program but it didn´t work at all.
I noticed one thing, DBXpress just extract the messages form the dbx files
to a folder but when I use the program with the folders (the files) that have
problems the DBXpress don´t extract anything it´s like the file didn´t had
messages in it and the user told me that the Outlook Express a little after
the problem starts was showing a message about compacting the messages.
Do this has something relationed with the problem?

Bruce Hagen November 9th 06 04:15 PM

.dbx corrupted files

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

This program probably has the best chance of recovering any messages
from corrupted DBX files.

DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

Thank´s man, it´s a great program but it didn´t work at all.
I noticed one thing, DBXpress just extract the messages form the dbx files
to a folder but when I use the program with the folders (the files) that
have
problems the DBXpress don´t extract anything it´s like the file didn´t had
messages in it and the user told me that the Outlook Express a little
after
the problem starts was showing a message about compacting the messages.
Do this has something relationed with the problem?

You have to run DBXpress in the Extract From Disk Mode to search the HDD for
the fragmented messages. The compacting process removed them from the dbx
files.

From DBXpress:
DBXpress can bypass a drive's file system and extract messages directly from
the hard drive, enabling extraction of messages from deleted files, or from
drives whose partition table has been damaged, or from drives that have been
formatted.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM November 9th 06 04:37 PM

.dbx corrupted files

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

This program probably has the best chance of recovering any messages
from corrupted DBX files.

DBXpress - http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

Thank´s man, it´s a great program but it didn´t work at all.
I noticed one thing, DBXpress just extract the messages form the dbx files
to a folder but when I use the program with the folders (the files) that
have
problems the DBXpress don´t extract anything it´s like the file didn´t had
messages in it and the user told me that the Outlook Express a little
after
the problem starts was showing a message about compacting the messages.
Do this has something relationed with the problem?

Are there any DBT files in the Store Folder?
The DBX files were apparently filled with zeroes, perhaps by an anti-virus
program set to scan email. No anti-virus should be set to scan email. It
provides not added protection at all over just having the regular anti-virus
real-time protection running in the background.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Steve Cochran November 9th 06 08:03 PM

.dbx corrupted files

As Bruce indicates, run the Extract from disk feature on the entire hard
drive. Ignore the warning if you only have a C drive. The sooner you run
it the better chance you have of recovery. Do not check the recover mode
option.

steve

[email protected] September 18th 14 12:24 PM

.dbx corrupted files

I got from Google searches, its downloadable software depicts embedded algorithm, features simply that is why sharing with you. You also can try free trail version - http://www.recoverydeletedfiles.com/...-recovery.html

[email protected] October 10th 14 12:03 PM

.dbx corrupted files

You can recover Outlook Express file by using third party tool named as Outlook Express dbx recovery software for the recovery of corrupt .DBX files. get more info:- http://www.recoverfilesdata.com/outl...-recovery.html