Exporting Messages - An Error Occurred While Initializing MAPI????

Old October 23rd 06, 06:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
t.cruise

Default Exporting Messages - An Error Occurred While Initializing MAPI????

When I click File/Export Messages, and then click the OK for Exporting OE Messages, I get
a small window that says:
An Error Occurred While Initializing MAPI

Then I cannot go any farther then clicking the OK button in the error dialog box, which
brings me back to the main Outlook Express window. I know that I can manually copy and
export the store file. But, I have never had this error message before, and would prefer
to use the exporting messages wizard. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

T.C.

Old October 23rd 06, 01:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"t.cruise" wrote in message
When I click File/Export Messages, and then click the OK for Exporting OE
Messages, I get
a small window that says:
An Error Occurred While Initializing MAPI

Then I cannot go any farther then clicking the OK button in the error
dialog box, which
brings me back to the main Outlook Express window. I know that I can
manually copy and
export the store file. But, I have never had this error message before,
and would prefer
to use the exporting messages wizard. Does anyone have any idea how to
fix this problem?

T.C.

Export only works to an installed Outlook or some other Exchange program.
See
Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
and
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...pten.mspx#EBAA
Number 1