Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   backed up email (outlook express) (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/29796-backed-up-email-outlook-express.html)

themntneer via WindowsKB.com October 12th 06 06:45 PM

backed up email (outlook express)

I need some advice on how to pull my backed up email back into my current
outlook express account. I can't get the current outlook express to find my
backed up email. They have different extensions. Thanks, Connie

Steve Cochran October 12th 06 08:04 PM

backed up email (outlook express)

See point 4 he www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4

You need to copy the dbx files from the backup to a blank directory on the
hard drive and make sure the files are not read only. Then go to File |
Import | Messages and choose OE6 format point to that directory.

steve