Outlook express fonts

Old October 12th 06, 10:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Maria Tsourlini

Default Outlook express fonts

Hello,

I have configured my outlook express options in order to send my messages
always in tahoma but the receiver reads my messages in times new roman. How
can I change this so that the receiver reads my messages in tahoma?

Thanx in advance for your help.
Old October 12th 06, 11:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

You have to send as HTML.
If the receiver is reading all messages in plain text, your choice of fonts
will not be used.
--
Ron Sommer

"Maria Tsourlini" wrote in message
: Hello,
:

Old October 12th 06, 12:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Петров Иван

Hello

"Maria Tsourlini" сообщил/сообщила в
новостях следующее:

Old October 12th 06, 12:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
AlmostBob

You cant
Your font choice can always be overridden by the receiver

--
-
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://www.safer-networking.org
Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
Super Antispyware http://www.superantispyware.com/
Panda online AntiVirus scan http://www.activescan.com
Panda online AntiSpyware Scan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/spyware/test/
Catalog of removal tools (1)
Catalog of removal tools (2)
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/n...aspx?CID=40387
Trouble Shooting guide to Windows http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
Cool Web Shredder http://www.trendmicro.com/cwshredder/
links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages before
use
Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
_

Old October 12th 06, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
m_tsourlini

Thnax for your reply. But I wonder in this case why does my pc not override
the font choice of other senders?

Old October 12th 06, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Tools, Options, Read, Fonts, ....
Tools, Options, Read, check Read all messages in plain text.
Now your setting under fonts will apply.
--
Ron Sommer

: "AlmostBob" wrote:
:
: You cant
: Your font choice can always be overridden by the receiver
:
: --
: -
: Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
: spybot http://www.safer-networking.org
: AVG free antivirus http://www.grisoft.com
: Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
: http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx
: http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/utilities/
: Catalog of removal tools (2)
: http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/n...aspx?CID=40387
: Trouble Shooting guide to Windows http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
: Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts file
: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
: Cool Web Shredder http://www.trendmicro.com/cwshredder/
: links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages
before
: use
: Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
: _
: "Maria Tsourlini" wrote in
message
: ...
: Hello,
:

Old October 12th 06, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jose lino perez

ola amiga no so pingis
"Maria Tsourlini" escribiС en el
mensaje ...

Old October 12th 06, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

With HTML fonts, the reader can only use what fonts are installed on their
system. Check to see if Tahoma is installed on their system. If not, then
that's the problem, as it will default to Times New Roman.

Also, try sending a message using Arial font (most have that) and see if
that works.

Also, what email program are they using? They might have something that
overrides the font choice.

steve