Slow opening of messages in OE6

Old October 5th 06, 05:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Roy

Default Slow opening of messages in OE6

Whether in a separate window or as a preview pane, it's suddenly taking over
10seconds to open an email or newsgroup message in OE6. My XP is up-to-date,
as is my virus and spyware protection.
My mistake but I allowed a trojan into my computer, which I immediately
removed with extensive work. However it may be that I am left with corrupted
or missing files that are causing my current problem. Is this likely? Or is
it a registry problem?
Any ideas to help me?

Roy

Old October 5th 06, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

See if the info on this webpage helps fix the performance problems:
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/performance.htm
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

Old October 6th 06, 11:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

"Roy" wrote in message
Whether in a separate window or as a preview pane, it's suddenly taking
over 10seconds to open an email or newsgroup message in OE6. My XP is
up-to-date, as is my virus and spyware protection.
My mistake but I allowed a trojan into my computer, which I immediately
removed with extensive work. However it may be that I am left with
corrupted or missing files that are causing my current problem. Is this
likely? Or is it a registry problem?
Any ideas to help me?

Roy

First of all, your OE is way out of date. You need to visit Windows Update.

Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools | Internet options. Click Delete
Files in the Temporary Internet Files section.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com